grant ward

imagine you go on a mission together

- ↺ -

"I'm sorry I don't recall asking for your opinion?"

Your brow raises with a smirk as you tilt your chin up to meet Grant's eyes. His rich brown eyes roll, but as another sprinkle of bullets pummels the wall the two of you have ducked behind his body moves to cover yours. The two of you are in a tight spot, your comms went out half-an-hour ago, and the rest of your tac team is sprawled throughout the building more than likely dead. Grant kept you by his side though, he always has. I mean being his SO ( his Significant Other, not his Senior Officer ) you always expect to be by his side every single mission.

Grant watches your surroundings as you slip past him so you can see what the two of you have to get through. Quickly peering around the corner you count at least five armed men, who also spot you and shoot at you. A bullet pierces your arm, making your arm feel as if it's a blaze as you slam your back into the wall. Grant holds the grip of his pistol better as he switches places with you and shoots past the wall hitting one of the men. Your breath hitches and your hand is already coated in crimson as you hold the wound on your shoulder. Grant looks it over, panic and worry taking place in his eyes as a frown glazes over his features.

"I told you the man should be the one looking around the corner so the lady doesn't get shot, l/n."

"I still don't recall asking for your opinion on the matter, Ward," you wince again as a new flame begins to burn and your arm begins to feel limp, "we need to get out of here."

"How are we gonna do that?"

"Why not go out with our guns blazing, best scenario is that we get out with a few flesh wounds alive."

"And worst case?"

"They kill us quickly, or take us hostage and we die from an abundance of torture. Probably by drowning or injections, or they'll have some fun and beat us to death."

"I like option one better."

"Me too."

Grant looks past the corner again before turning back to you just as quickly. His calloused hand curves to fit your chin as he presses his lips against yours gently which lights a new, different fire hidden deep within your abdomen. It doesn't distract you from the obvious fact that it could be your last kiss. Your lashes flutter against your cheeks, eyes closed with a deep breath, your hands clasped around the glock's grip until your knuckles begin to pale.

"Love you, Grant."

"Love you too, y/n..."

( total word count : 470 words )