thor

imagine seeing Thor for the first time since he left earth ( him not seeing you once ) the meeting happens to be on accident

- ↺ -

Their hand in yours feels nice, the leaves around you both had turned to warm yellows and oranges falling carefully in the gentle breeze. They remind you of dreams that don't quite make it. They remind you of promises forgotten. They remind you of him. Thor.

The time he had spent with you in New Mexico was long gone now. He had left with the promise of returning soon. He hadn't.

Jane and Darcy encouraged you with hugs and new readings to keep your hope alive, but after New York they crashed into the hard ground of reality. Pictures and videos released showed Thor, fighting and jesting with the Avengers.
Yet your throat burned with the harsh reality that he hadn't seen you.

You shake your head out of a frenzy of broken memories and then turn your face up to theirs. It had taken months after New York, lots of encouragement from Darcy and Jane, and plenty of talks with Erik; but you were out in the dating world again.

( The kiss you shared with Thor still haunts you. To be played like that when you were already so fragile hurts ).

He presses a kiss to your forehead, his grip loosening on your hand as he leaves. Still you grin as you watch him head back to work, he really does care about you. That's when you turn, turn right into the fridge of a chest that belongs to the only god you don't want to see - Thor.

Thor had seen you, he'd felt his blood boil as the man you were holding hands with kissed you so carefully, so lovingly. It was as though everything in the world had stopped and the image was on repeat in his head. Because he loved you so much.

So without thinking he had marched over to see you, so quickly that when you turned you almost fell backwards from the wall that he was.

"Y/n—" You slap him faster than your mind registers and his own hand flies to his now scorching cheek.

"What the hell, Thor!"

"I thought you would be more excited to see that I have returned, to see you actually."

"Excited?" You shake your head, "and I know this isn't your first time back to Earth! I know I'm not important enough to you."

"Y/n, you misunderstand-."

"What, Thor? That you came here, fought some giant evil, and left without even thinking of me?"

Your e/c eyes burn violently with tears that are starting to fall as you turn to walk away from him. You were so happy, the paper thin wall you had finally built to keep him out had fallen.

Thor can see it, and as awkward as he his he makes his way in front of you. His arms fold themselves around your shaking figure to pull you close to him. You breath in the scent of leather and battle armor as your tears fall, one of his hands between your shoulders the other holding your head.

His thumb running soothing circles between your tense shoulders as he holds you. Standing there for so long, until finally you look up at him with red rimmed eyes ready to listen to why...

( total word count : 568 words )