daniel sousa

...

- ↺ -

You hated having to do it to Daniel, your e/c eyes soften as you tell him. He had spent the night trying to dig up anything on Howard meanwhile Thompson happened to be getting another mission handed to him on a silver platter. The thing is that, well... is that last night Howard had come to Peggy and yourself begging for the two of you to help prove to the states that he is innocent. You having snatched the opportunity from his palms like a hungry toddler as Peggy took it halfhearted. But Howard had been right.

"Come on, I know they can't be using you two right up in the office."

"I'll do it, whether Peg does or not."

"I guess we're committing treason then."

"I'm so sorry Daniel, but Stark hates the water. He can't even swim."

"How do you..?"

"He tried to kiss me on VE Day, I punched him and he fell into the Thames. Had to pay some frogmen to fish him out."

Daniel stares at you for a second before sighing and going to scrap all the work on his desk. Your eyes soften once again as you take the extremely large bundle of papers from him with a gentle smile. Before walking towards the back of the room and letting them fall into the large trash bin there. Afterwards you sit back at your desk and look down at a spread of notes, wondering where in hell you need to begin the search.

( total word count : 256 words )