lance hunter

...

"Bloody hell."

You turn at the curse that falls from Hunter's lips, despite it being a regular occurrence. At the entrance to the quinjet is Daisy and May who are walking on in a small discussion. Your brow knits together in confusion because May obviously isn't trying to kill him at the moment. He turns away from the entrance though and hurriedly opens his bag to act busy, but you only see Coulson and Mack coming onboard.

Stepping over to your friend ( and crush ), you give a small smile knowing his habits. "What's got you upset?" He throws a glance over his shoulder before cursing again. You turn, confusion evident still to see a red head walking up the platform. But it's only Bobbi Morse, the two of you having been at the Academy together.

You smile and step towards the girl, Hunter having disappeared away to the copilot seat beside May. ( That's what confirmed that one of your best friends was hiding something from you ). Hunter looks over his shoulder to eye Bobbi in minor fear only to see smiles spreading across both your faces as y/n squeezes Bobbi tightly. And now he wants a hug too.

Getting out of the seat with a sigh Hunter walks up cautiously to the two, you catching his attention as always. And despite his loud personality, the little Hufflepuff really, really cares about you. Seeing his ex-wife and his crush acting like sisters would, he felt fear for his life as Bobbi finally notices him. Bobbi's eyes narrow at Hunter in a glare, y/n's nose scrunching in confusion. 'She's adorable,'  Hunter smiles uneasily between the two.

"Wait? You two know each other?" You question the two. The jet takes off beneath your  feet, but you've been on enough missions to barely notice. Bobbi snorts at y/n's confusion before motioning with her hands to Hunter, "y/n this is Hunter, my ex-husband." Hunter wants to shrink at the disbelief painting your features with a frown. But he really wants to jump of the plane at the torn, sadness in your e/c orbs. You can hardly believe that your own best friend, your own crush, wouldn't share something as big as this.

"I, I need to go help May, with the flying," you manage to say after a minute or two, "yeah, I need to fly..."

And you walk away from the pair with Hunter's eyes desperately watching you go.

( word count: 416 words )