stephen strange

...

- ↺ -

"You know, admitting defeat might be a good plan at this point."

Stephen took that moment to close the book with a heavy sigh before staring you in the eyes. "Absolutely not."

You had honestly used the spell to make life easier for a split second, and apparently he didn't know the spell. Because Stephen can be a bit, well a lot big-headed and stubborn sometimes he had been spending his every waking moment trying to find it. So far he's had no luck, despite you already explaining it to him.

Years ago you showed up at the New York Sanctum Sanctorum and had begun your new life within it's walls ( the monks did send you through what you still describe as a portal to the other monastery where you trained even harder ). You've spent years studying magic and spells, you still know more than Stephen does even if he won't admit it.

"I'm telling you, Stephen, you won't find it anywhere in a book. I learned it in a class where the spell's been handed down by ear. It's quite simple, I'm sure even you could learn it?"

"Ha ha ha. And I'm telling you, l/n, that it has to be in one of these books somewhere."

"Strange, give it a rest! There has to be hundreds of thousands of books in here, it'll take years for you to finally read them all."

( total word count : 241 words )