clint barton

imagine you sacrificing yourself for Clint at the battle of Sokovia

- ↺ -

Clint was hunched over, a kid pulled to his chest, a shower of bullets aimed for him. Your heart leaps into your throat as you run to do the only thing you can think of. The Hulk pounces onto the jet and destroys Ultron just after passing Clint and the boy in his arms.

Clint turns around slowly, letting the boy stand and handing him to a worry Steve or Pietro - he doesn't recognize any one, anything except you.

"I love you."

The echo of your final words is etched in is mind, your lips still stuck on the last syllable. Your body fell slowly in his eyes, your e/c eyes blank. The bullet holes littering your skin leaked still warm blood that seeped into the uniform you wore.

Clint's arms wrapped around you, begging you with whispers to come back. He couldn't lose you... "Y/n, honey please. Y/n..."

Rogers hand on his shoulder forced his wet eyes to look away from your body, still holding you tight. He couldn't hear what he said, only that he had to stand as Steve began helping to carry your body.

They barely made it on, but Clint didn't care. Because you were gone.

( total word count : 220 words )