Forty Four: Jin

a/n: i wasn't going to update the meeting today, but i can't wait any longer!!! read chapters 42 and 43 first!!!! 

February 25, 2020
Seoul, South Korea

[CODE RED CODE RED IT'S HAPPENING Y'ALL]

I freeze in the middle of my introduction when the source of my stuck chest burp slides right in front of me. The tension in my chest dissipates when my eyes settle on her slouched form. 

She stares at the table instead of me, but I don't think I need her to look at me at all. 

It's crazy how after all these years, after the past year I lived, I don't even need a second to forget everything I've ever thought about soulmates. 

Everyone talks about the way eyes contact feels, but nobody talks about the charged air that surrounds us now. I forget where I am in this instance because it's just me and her. It's so silent in my head the room feels completely empty. 

It's a phenomenon I can't describe but I immediately understand what the other guys have been saying all this time. Every cell in my body recognizes her, every beat of my heart feels like it's in sync with hers. I wonder if she feels this moment with me. 

Our first meeting. 

It makes me wonder how I could've ever thought I met my soulmate before this moment. 

Her eyes lift to mine and my tattoo jolts like it's been struck by lightning. I take my time and take her in. 

Her hair is straight with a touch of wave. It falls prettily around her collarbones, but one side is pushed behind her shoulder. Her hair is dyed ombre style from her natural brown, almost coffee color, to a beautiful soft lilac at the bottom. It's beautiful, it's unique; it seems like it should be impossible to achieve the lightness with her natural color, though I have plenty of room to talk. It complements her warm skin perfectly. 

She's a little pale on this February day, but I can tell from her undertones that she tans to a beautiful warm caramel in the summertime. Her eyes are round and wide and clear. They're brown and they turn up gracefully at the ends. Combined with her long lashes, she looks doe-like, innocent, very feminine. They're the perfect size for her face. Her nose falls in a delicate slope, coming to an adorable point. She almost has a baby's nose, her nostrils cute and wide but still adorable and button-like. 

Her mouth is small, but her lips are pillowy and a perfect pink. She looks like the most perfect painting I've ever seen. She's so much more beautiful than I even thought of being. 

My eyes trail down her slender neck to rest on her chest, the place where my tattoo—her tattoo—surely rests beneath the knit of her creamy soft looking sweater. 

Our tattoo. 

482 words