Nineteen: Jin

July 5, 2019
Between Seoul, South Korea and Osaka, Japan

"What are you doing over the break, hyung?"

I lift my eyes from my phone to see Jungkook taking the seat beside me. He lifts my RJ pillow out of the seat and sets him down on his lap. The gesture makes me smile, grateful for his respect towards me and my child.

I sigh before I answer his question. "I'm going fishing with Yoongi a few days before their wedding as some kind of bachelor party thing."

Yoongi and Aruem's wedding is in the second week of our two week break before we're back to our regular schedule. The other members will all be vacationing and visiting family so, after a lot of long conversations, they decided to restrict the wedding to a family only event at Yoongi's parents' house. It was upsetting for all of us that we couldn't be there to support them and cheer them on, but it is for the best. Imagine seven big, black, tinted vehicles pulling up in a small neighborhood in Daegu. That would draw some unwanted attention.

"We're going for two days and one night on a staffed yacht," I continue. "It's not exactly what we wanted, but it's what Bang Si-hyuk will allow. We'll deal with it. Then I'll come back here for a family reunion. By that point, Min-hee should be back to meet my family."

Jungkook fake gags. "Thank goodness I won't have to see her," he says.

"Oh come on," I say. "I know she's not very nice, but she's not that bad."

Jungkook sucks in a breath and shakes his head. "Whatever you say, hyung."

"So what are you doing, Kookie?" I ask, changing the subject smoothly.

"Hope and I are going to spend the break with my parents in Busan," he says. "She's still really upset about the wedding, but she's glad we get to spend so much time together. We've never had this much uninterrupted time together. I'm really excited to see what I'll learn about her during this break."

I smile at him. "I hope it'll be good."

He nods. "It will be. Oh, hyung! I forgot to tell you! I'm thinking of getting tattoos over break, too."

My eyes widen. "Say what now?"

He nods again, more excitedly this time. "One of my friends is a tattoo artist in Busan. A few years ago, she offered to work with me on a custom piece if I ever wanted one."

I shake my head. "I don't know, Jungkook. Tattoos are a sensitive subject."

He just shrugs. "A lot of artists have them these days. I can cover them up if I want to."

"I would just hate for you to have problems because of tattoos," I tell him. "I'm not telling you what to do, the ARMYs call me JinHit for a reason. You're an adult, you can make your own choices. I just don't want you reputation to change because you have tattoos outside of your soulmate one. That makes people nervous."

"I know I'm not stealing anyone's tattoo. And I know which one is mine. If anything, this will just throw people off which one is real."

I just nod. I hate to act like an old man about it, but I know the stigma around unnatural tattoos. Back in the day, unnatural tattoos were reserved for gangs and con artists, people who would steal soulmates. The criminal activity surrounding tattoos gave them a bad rep. Jungkook's a good guy; I don't want him to obtain some kind of reputation.

"And you know they're permanent, right?" I ask. "Like, you can't get rid of them."

Jungkook sighs. "Yes, hyung, I know."

"Okay...just be smart. Make good choices."

"Yes, hyung."

We sit in awkward silence for a few moments until Jungkook continues the tattoo talk.

"I'm thinking of something with the members and ARMY on my hands," he says, pointing to spots on his knuckles. "Maybe some purple heart or something like that. And I eventually want it up my arm."

"You won't regret having 'ARMY' and 'Jin hyung' tattooed on your hand?" I ask.

He shakes his head no. "ARMY loves me. They've given me so much. I feel like having a reminder of them always is the least I could do to try and thank them. Same thing with you hyungs. I need some way to always remember how much you've all helped me. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for all of you."

I can feel my heart grow warm in my chest and a smile creeps onto my lips. Jungkook's words, even though I may not agree with all of them, make me love him even more.

"Ah, Jungkookieeeeee~" I squeak and ruffle up his shaggy hair.

"Hyung, stop," he whines. I laugh as he pushes away my hands.

"Would you two shut up?" Namjoon husks out. "The rest of us are trying to get some sleep here. We only have an hour flight, so shut up."

We look over at him flop his head back on the pillow. In a chair near him, I can see Hoseok's eyes peeking over his Nintendo Switch. His brows are furrowed and he scoffs before he returns his attention to his Beta test game of Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I make a face at Namjoon. "Thinking he can boss me around because he's leader," I whisper. "I'm still older!"

Jungkook giggles quietly. "I'll go back to my seat, hyung. See you when we land."

He stands to leave and I send him a flying kiss, which he slaps onto the floor of the plane.

I gasp. "Jeon Jungkook! Appreciate my love!" I scold as quietly as I can.

"Bye, Jin hyung!" he whispers, tossing RJ at me.

I catch the pillow and pat its fluffy head.

"The disrespect we receive from these animals," I whisper to the plush. "I'll free us from this prison, RJ. Don't be afraid."

hello!!!

i'm sorry i had you all waiting so long for another filler chapter, but even they have to be perfect!

thank you still for over 40k on this book and for your continuous love and support :,) you all don't understand how truly grateful i am

in case you don't follow me on here yet, i posted an announcement about this book, saying that i've already written some of the biggest events in this book even thought they're still far away lol. my brain is bouncing with future ideas hehehe. i can't wait!

SUNDAY APRIL 26 I WILL BE HOSTING A LIVE STREAM ON MY INSTAGRAM AT 12 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME!! if you don't know what time that is in your time, in google just type "what time is 12pm pst in (your country)" it would be so exciting if you could join! i haven't done a live in so long T.T

I LOVE YOU!!! and i hope to see you all on sunday!

cay💕

1165 words