Five: Ophelia

All lowercase words are intentional :)

May 5, 2019
San Francisco, California

Hi! Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you still had any Rose Bowl tickets tonight? I only need one

joyfuleuphoria: aww, im sorry, no:( I just sold the last ones Friday

That's okay :) do you know anyone who might have any left?

joyfuleuphoria: no. im so sorry

No worries!

That's a lie. There are big worries.

My soulmate is only an hour and a half flight away from me. So close I could nearly touch him, hold him in my arms, kiss his lips.

But still so far away.

I attempt to swallow my tears, hiding them from the people passing by my quiet room at the library. However, one manages to sneak through my tough façade. My phone vibrates loudly on the table with an incessant phone call.

Rosie

"Did you get any?!" she asks immediately after I pick up.

I chuckle, my sadness creeping inti my voice. "Nope. Another year, another tour, another concert I miss." I sigh. "I was going to buy one right when they went on sale, but I was in the middle of class. There were only fifteen minutes left, so I thought it would be okay."

"How quickly did they sell out again?"

I shake my head. "Ten minutes."

Rose sighs with me over the phone. In the next second, the sound of a crying baby echoes through the receiver and she sighs again. "I'm coming, baby!"

"How's Violet?" I ask.

"Violet the violent today. David said she sounds like she's teething, but I think she's constipated again. Besides, she's only two months old!" Rose switches into her baby voice quickly, signaling that she holds her angel in her arms. "We can't have my wittle girl growing up too fast, no ma'am!"

I laugh as I crinkle my nose. "Thanks for the information, Rose."

"Hey, you'll have to deal with stinky, poopy babies too someday," she teases. "Some days, having one makes me wonder if we should have any more."

I roll my eyes. "You love children. I'll be shocked if you're not pregnant by my birthday."

She snorts. "Whatever. How's nana?"

"Crazy as always."

"Crazy for Jimin."

I laugh again. "Yes, it's true. The poor guy's got my seventy-four year old grandma chasing after him."

"Well, if he just wasn't so handsome!" she says in a mock tone of my grandma's voice. We both laugh.

"Can't say I blame her, thought," I say. "I'm just glad it's not Jin she's after."

"True that. He is your man, after all."

I cringe at her words. "Don't say things like that. You make me seem like one of those crazy possessive fans."

"You, my dear Ophelia, are one of the few women on the planet who can actually claim a BTS member as her own."

"Someday," I promise. "Not yet."