Six: Jin

May 11, 2019
Chicago, Illinois

The concert has only just begun. 

And Taehyung has already ruined it all. 

I stare, still jumping up and down excitedly, as stands impossibly still at the edge of the stage, looking down into the crowd. I glance to Namjoon, who's also looking at me, both of us waiting for the other to do something. 

The music for Outro: Wings is still going, the camera being sure to focus on the other members who are still running chaotically around the stage while singing and playing. However, the song is nearly over. It's the last chorus. Which means the second act. Which means if Taehyung is hesitant to get off the stage, it could throw off the entire layout of the concert. 

So I take action to collect the baby. As always. 

"No no no," I mumble. I run to him, still acting excited, and grab onto his shoulder. 

Except this time, when I grab his shirt to pull him toward the center of the stage for us to go backstage, he resists. Taehyung pulls against me, trying to get out of my hold while staring into the crowd of screaming ARMYs. 

"Tae! We have to go!" 

"Hyung! Hyung, wait, please, she's right there!" he cries desperately. 

What. 

"What?!" I shout over the music. 

"My soulmate!" 

What? 

No. It can't be. 

IMPOSSIBLE. 

"Taehyung! We have to go back downstairs!" 

"Hyung, I—" 

"Let's go, boys,"  I hear from the earpiece. 

"Tae, she'll still be here waiting for you through the whole concert. We can get security to grab her before we leave. but right now you need to focus!" 

We smile for the ARMYs. I've never been more grateful for Tae's incredible acting skills. He listens finally and we move together backstage. But when we reach the stylists and start to hurriedly undress for the next act, all of our ears hear Taehyung's loud crying. 

Jimin runs to him and hurriedly helps the stylist who tries to motivate Taehyung to dress himself. Jimin wipes the tears from his cheeks and hugs him as the poor woman attempts to get the shirt off his back so he can change. 

Body free of his shirt, Taehyung leans against Jimin and continues to cry. 

"Don't cry, Taehyung ah. We need to go soon, so you need to calm down," Jimin tells him gently. 

"She was right there!" 

"What's he going on about?" Hoseok asks hurriedly as he grabs his mic in the seconds before he goes out on for his solo. 

"My soulmate!" 

We're all quiet and everything stops: stylists, dancers, crew members; everything freezes and we listen to Taehyung's miserable sobbing. 

"She's holding a 'Marry Me Kim Taehyung' sign right in front on the left side of the stage. Please, please, she's right there! We can't leave without her!" 

"Okay, Taehyung, we won't leave without her," Namjoon reassures him. "But you can't let this throw you off tonight. We still have a job to do." 

"And that starts with getting dressed!" the head stylist tosses Taehyung's shirt to Jimin who helps him get dressed. "We have one song left before you all need to be in places for Best of Me and your makeup and hair both need to be redone! Hurry, please!"