Two: Jin

April 19, 2019
Seoul, South Korea

I open my eyes to the sunlight streaming in. My eyes still burn for the lights last night and my head pounds from the fan chants and screams. I groan quietly and rub my temples before rolling out of bed and planting my feet on the floor. My RJ pajamas cling to my body, stuck to the sweat from our performance that dried as I slept.

"GrossJin," I say to myself, laughing at my play on 'EatJin.' I'm hilarious. I peak at the calendar on my wall before making my way into my bathroom to shower. Another day, another dollar. Another performance, this time at the awards show this evening. I hope my soulmate will be watching tonight.

The hot water runs down my body, momentarily distracting me from the constant thoughts pressing at my mind. My soapy fingers gently run over the array of dots on my shoulder. I can nearly feel them, like raised moles on my skin, but I know it's all in my head. I sigh, longing for the burning feeling, the tingle, whatever people say they feel when they make eye contact with their soulmate. How can one go twenty-seven years alone? I miss the feeling of being loved, whether by girls back in school—regardless of our tattoos—or from my parents, I miss feeling needed. I rinse the thick lather from my hair and body before I turn off the water and begin to dry my hair. I'm still not sure about the color they chose for this comeback. Is it a light brown? Purple? Some kind of dark charcoal grey? I couldn't tell. The ARMYs say it suits me, so I'll deal with it. Just this once.

I make my way, slowly, fully dressed, into the kitchen, where my eyes are assaulted by two people passionately making out on the countertop. My. Countertop.

"AH!" I scream out, flinging my hands over my eyes to protect them, but the damage has already been done.

"AH!" scream two voices, one low and the other quite high pitched.

"I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE MAKING BREAKFAST, NOT BABIES!"

"I didn't hear you coming! I thought you were still in the shower!" Yoongi shouts back at me. His cheeks are blushed furiously, as are the cheeks of his finacée, Go Areum. She covers her face with her hands, unintentionally showing off the shining rock on her left hand.

"That's no excuse!" I run to the countertop, carefully but forcefully shoving Areum off of it and into Yoongi's arms. "My poor countertop. The things they put you through. The things you've seen! I'm so sorry, my poor babies."

"Hyung. They're...countertops."

"They just got put in new last week!" I rub my hand over the cold marble. "They're so beautiful. I'd prefer if sex stayed in the bedroom, thank you very much!"

Areum blushes again. "Kim Seokjin!"

"Get out of my kitchen, I'll make breakfast," I grumble, shoving them into the living room. "I'm the only one who does anything in this damn household. EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS DAMN HOUSE AND I STILL DO IT ALL!"

"Good morning, Jin," says a light voice in English.

I turn to face Jungkook's soulmate and girlfriend, Hope Miller. I smile at her as she rubs her hand over her eyes and yawns.

"Ahhh, good morning," I tell her in English. "Sleep good?" I smile, proud of myself. My English has improved a lot since she's been here staying with us, visiting Jungkook over the past month.

"Yes." She smiles at me before Jungkook appears by her side and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Goo morning," he says sleepily to her. She giggles at his cuteness and cups his cheeks in her hands.

"Good morning," she says enthusiastically and pecks his lips.

He giggles, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her tightly against his body. "I love you," he tells her.