Magic Extras

hey! as you all know, I finished Magic a few days ago, and while the story is complete, there's a few cool things that I'd like to share before I completely leave behind the story :] 

So, spoilers ahead! 

.

Okay!

So as you know, Magic has a fluffy ending! Hooowever, despite like 99% of it i literally made up as I went along (at the beginning of the original I didn't even think of dragons, that idea only came up halfway through writing it oops, the only thing I had planned was the fact that it was in the Harry Potter universe), there was actually supposed to be an angsty ending! :] 

so I wrote it

for u

*gives* 

(what am I doing its so late wtf) 

..

..

"Clay, there's just one last part of the book I didn't tell you about." George paused, eyes finding Clay's for a moment before darting away again. "The dragon is not only controlled by her owner, but the owner is controlled by the dragon." (Also there's a hilarious typo in the original paragraph [i fixed it here] go find it and bully me in the comments lmao)

Clay flinches.

"To escape the loop, she must die."

George exhaled, his hand wavering for just a moment before the dreaded spell tumbled from his lips.

"Avada Kedavra." 

Clay screamed as the world seemed to slow, his footsteps echoing on tile as he reached for the dragon—

And got hit square in the heart by the spell cast from the one who had stole it.

George's wand snapped, and clattered to the ground as splinters shifted into skin. The dragon roared with utter fury, it's wings beating elegantly yet dangerously as it lifted a few meters into the air.

Clay was falling.

He numbly crumpled to the ground, eyes wide with shock as he raised on hand to his chest.

The dull thump of his heart he had long grown used to had gone silent.

He was barely aware of warm arms that wrapped around him, barely aware of the sobbing George who had fallen to his knees beside him, barely the brunet's entire body shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh, no no no no.." George gasped for breath, his lungs tightening and each word that spilled desperately from his lips clawing his throat.

Clay's eyelashes fluttered in confusion.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked softly, his oddly cold palm grazing George's cheekbone and brushing away tears as he wondered distantly why everything was so quiet.

George didn't seem to notice, though, instead burying his face in his hands just after Clay's fell back to his side.

The brunet struggled to muffle his cries with a hand, squeezing his eyes shut. Because in the darkness behind his eyelids, everything was okay.

Everything was okay.

Behind him, the dragon wailed out her eerie song of sorrow, as the castle grew quiet. Her voice was the only sound beside George's desperate sobs, slicing through tense air and echoing off of ruins.

George couldn't help but wonder, would Clay still be alive? If maybe, just maybe, if he had kissed him a little firmer, hugged him a little tighter, teased him a little sweeter— 

Tried a little harder.

Maybe, George mused as he pulled Clay's rapidly cooling body closer, if he kept Clay warm, he would wake up.

All it took was a matter of time.

So he would wait.

Wait through the moment where he was dragged, sobbing and screaming, from Clay's body.

Wait through the day where he woke in the hospital the next morning, and Clay never showed up.

Wait through long, cold nights where he could do nothing but sob into his pillow, desperately searching for any trace of Clay's touch, his hugs, his kiss, anything.

Wait through the rest of his time at school, wait through the years in which he grew up. Wait through the thousands of books he would go on to read.

George would become a storyteller, and a talented one at that.

He poured everything he could think of into the ink that lined the pages of his books, stories of great fantasies and simple lives— Tales of dramatic endings and quiet beginnings.

But most of all, George wrote of a great, elegant dragon who once ruled the land, with her hero clad in green at her side.

.

.

for all those who wanted an angst ending, that can be canon if you'd like! but for those who liked the fluff, you can keep that canon as well :] 

now! as you all know there's a bunch of stuff in my story that wasn't in the original Harry Potter, and I'm aware it wasn't exactly explained too well beyond what was the bare minimum.

I'll keep this as simple as I can, if you have any questions I encourage you to ask!! :] 

Ender Dragon:

As said in the first part, the Ender dragon was said to be a popular myth. It was told to children to help them sleep— Story being about the dragon being the great protector of the land. As time went on, the myth grew darker and darker, instead becoming a tale told to help children behave— The dragon in this newer story being a brutal killer.

Of course, the Ender dragon is neither— She may be dangerous, but that is only to ones who betray her.

In Clay's first memory George views (Magic III), it talks about Clay as a child, walking through ruins. 

This was not only Clay's home, but the dragon's— However it was an unsafe place, having been revealed to Muggles by an unfortunate accident. 

It was destroyed by witches and wizards from Hogwarts, and so when Clay took possession of the dragon and she took possession of him, she turned him against Hogwarts and helped him cast the curse.

Potion: 

the potion is the way to undo the curse. At the beginning of Magic II, we learn that if given to the owner, it can break the ties between said owner and dragon, therefore lifting the curse.

HOWEVER in Magic III, George tells Clay there is one more thing that only he knows about— The fact that, to fully destroy the connection between wizard and dragon, the dragon must die, and the wizard must drink the potion.

Clay and George: 

—George, while it isn't much talked about in the story, often has difficulty proving himself to no one other than himself.

—Clay's home town was destroyed, and his parents fled after bringing him to safety— Whether he sees them again or not depends on which ending you use as canon. If you use fluffy, George helps him find them again. And if you use angst, he's already dead.

That's all! I'm sorry for such a short update, I'm working on some bigger (ish) oneshots for y'all! 

I have a twitter where I plan to tweet updates of the new oneshots, the first one being tweeted already :] 

Go check it out!: https://twitter.com/melIifluous__/status/1345741314890100737?s=20

Have a wonderful day! <3 

-Melli-