Magic II

part two of Magic :] 

quick note: I don't remember the exact time of the Yule Ball and the tournament lmao but I'm pretty sure they both took place during the Christmas break in the books so that's when it's going to be here! 

also does this count as a holiday special because if not I've gotta go write one lmao 

also I didn't edit this because it's way too late and I'm lazy af lmao apologies! 

Enjoy! <3 

It had been almost a week since George's discovery, and the holidays around Hogwarts were nearly in full swing. 

Students buzzed about the halls with a new excitement for both the Yule Ball and the Triwizard Tournament. It seemed none of them bothered to worry about the Ender Dragon's curse- 

Except for two. 

"Why are you going to the courtyard? It's freezing outside, Dream!" 

Clay glanced back at his friend, a boy with raven hair and a confused expression strewn across his face. "Uh, no reason. I've just got to check something." His eyes then quickly turned back to the open area, landing on a small brunet he began to walk towards. 

Nick raised an eyebrow, pausing as his eyes flitted around the icy courtyard. It looked somewhat magical, with a dusting of snow from the early morning blanketing it in white. There were few to no students outside nonetheless, not daring to take on the harsh winter. 

That didn't mean nobody did, though.

George shifted so that his warm winter cloak fit more comfortably around his shoulders, his fingertips long painted pink from the bitter chill. He sat on a cold stone bench in the courtyard, a book rested on his knees, scanning it eagerly. The Ravenclaw was decorated with his scarf pulled around his neck, his nose dusted a pretty light rose colour that matched his cheeks easily. 

Clay approaches at a brisk pace, his cloak pulled tight around him to try and block out the cold air. George looks up. 

"What're you doing here, Clay?" He asks with a soft tilt of his head. To the blonde's surprise, his tone holds no malice, just gentle curiosity.

Clay hesitates. His eyes flit back to where Nick had been, but the spot is empty. He pauses, slightly confused, before sitting down beside George. "Better question, what're you doing out here? It's cold." 

The Ravenclaw closes his book gently. "I come out here not to be bothered." He says with a slightly wry smile. 

The blonde rolls his eyes. "Bit too late for that, then." He replies.

"No, it's fine, you're an exception I guess." 

"You're being strangely nice, what's the problem?" 

George rolls his eyes. "Okay, okay." He opens the book to reveal a page that has a slightly pink coloured potion on it. "I've found something that has to do with the Curse." 

The Slytherin raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Really." 

George paused, adjusting the book so Clay could see better. "Look." 

The page was yellowed and crumbling at the edges, and some of the words were lightly blurred. But Clay could just make out a few sentences. 

A potion of Ender Eye can be used as an antidote to the Curse of Dragon's Breath. There is no known exact recipe to create the poison, but it includes bezoar, mistletoe berries, and unicorn horns— As well as, of course, and eye of Ender.