November 16th

alright so hear me out lmao 

basically, I'd been hearing about how Dre left Pogtopia for Manburg, right?? And then I thought of you guys and I was like wHAT IF DRE JPINED MANBRUG to be with gog theyre in love and couldn't be together and I could write a oneshot about it? 

And so now there's a forbidden love :] suffer (I'm kidding I'm sorry pls-) 

anyway, in which Dream and George are struggling to keep their relationship a secret in the midst of the Pogtopia and Manburg war 

not really any warnings besides language and sliiight angst 

ookay I'm scared to post this lmao 

Enjoy! <3 

I guess I thought things would be okay after the first war ended. 

I guess I thought that maybe I'd be able to relax again, without the stress of the world, split in two.

But, if I'm being honest, I guess I'm not always right. 

I trace circles into the dirt with a stick absentmindedly, my thoughts swirling around my head like leaves as they fall from trees in autumn. But I ignore all of them, trying to stay focused in the moment while I wait for a particular person, one who I hadn't seen in a few days. The sound of the stream calms me, and the gentle movement of the stick is relaxing. Birds sing as if there's nothing wrong in the world, stretching their wings in the soft golden sunlight that makes its way through the treetops.

"George!" (yes, a long overdue George POV is hereee :]) 

My head snaps up, the twig falling from my grasp. "Dream?" I ask to the trees, softer than I'd prefer. 

"Helloo." I can't find where his voice is coming from. 

"Dream." I deadpan, standing up and lazily crossing my arms. "Where are you?" 

His laugh comes from behind me, but when I whirl around the blonde isn't there. Just green leaves and soft grass. The crackling of a stick makes me spin again, grabbing onto my clout glasses to keep them from slipping over my eyes. 

"You're funny. I'm not going to tell you, stupid." His smile is clear through his tone, making me roll my eyes. 

"Fine, I'll just sit here until your inevitable boredom." I reply dryly, slumping back onto the ground with a sigh and picking up my stick. 

"That's no fun." 

"What was that? Did you hear something, Dream?" I hum softly, as if I don't know very well that Dream was speaking. "Ah, must've been the wind." (Yup, definitely the wind) 

Dream groans softly in defeat, finally slipping out of the trees. I smile innocently at him, standing, as he tugs his hood down and pulls off his mask, to reveal soft blonde hair and what I can boldly assume are green eyes, framed perfectly by freckles and a smile that makes his irises sparkle. He's perfect, and I'd never once thought otherwise, no matter how many scars litter his cheeks and jaw.

"Hi." I giggle softly as he wraps his arms around my waist, tugging me close in a gentle hug.

"Hi." Dream replies, pulling away to press a soft kiss to my lips. I hum quietly, tilting my chin up a little to kiss back. 

Kissing him is one of the greatest feelings in the world, like a million fireflies on a starry night or a warm blanket wrapped around you, snug and cozy while snow falls outside. Or maybe it's the snow itself, soft and beautiful yet sending shivers down one's spine at it's fairy-light touch.