cliches and cornfields

In which Dream feels like the main character in his very own movie— Until someone outshines him. 

or, the highschool au that's kind of a perfect rewrite (but also not, at all) that i wrote spontaneously and then forgot about

threw in a bunch of cliches for this one, it's a little bit cringe but i suppose it fits :] 

fluff!! lots n lots of it lmao

follow me or something 

Enjoy!<3 

Dream wakes with a pounding headache that drips down the sides of his head and a lingering sense of dread that he doubts even a hot shower will be able to shake off. 

It's the first day of senior year, because of-fucking-course it is, and Dream could really use some music to comfort him and his woes.

So he rolls over on his bed, proceeds to smack into the wooden frame, and sighs out what feels like endless disappointment weighing down on his chest. 

In reality, it's only about a soon-to-be blaring alarm clock's worth, and Dream would really rather not hear it right now— Not when his head throbs, and definitely not when he can't find his headphones, his only chance of survival today.

Dream's friends have this stupid running joke that he acts like the main character of one of those 90s highschool movies— The ones with the cliches and fantasies of a perfect world. 

Dream denies it, of course, because even if the birds are singing so pretty just outside his window, and even if he manages to hit snooze on his alarm seconds before it's supposed to go off, and even if he's able to snatch up his earbuds without needing to search for them— It's not true.

The inescapable doom of school looms ever closer, and Dream taps a few times on his phone until music plays through his headphones. It's a tune akin to the introduction of some kind of cheesy teenage coming of age movie, and Dream thinks it fits quite well.

And so, his day finally begins.

(It's for reasons like this that Dream's friends like to tease him relentlessly about his 'main character energy.' Dream has stopped having any fucks to give about it.)

Dream hops out of bed neatly (So maybe he does have main character energy, what about it?), moving on with his morning.

Get dressed (Jeans, light grey t-shirt, and a green jacket with similarly grey accents, he can't go into school looking like a mess, can he?), brush teeth, (attempt to) brush hair, and go downstairs.

There lies the ingredients to make breakfast, which include frozen waffles and some maple syrup.

Somewhere.

All Dream has to do, of course, is find it.

Which proves difficult than anticipated, because when he practically leaps down the stairs, there happens to be someone in his kitchen.

"What the fuck— Sapnap!" Dream blinks stupidly, absolutely horrified as he takes his headphones out of his ears. "How did you— What?"

Sapnap— Nick— Looks up from where he's buried his nose into his phone, cardboard box filled with Dream's waffles in hand. "Took you long enough."

It's not out of the ordinary for his best friend to show up at Dream's humble abode, but this is just offensive. It's somewhere around 7:15 in the morning, and Nick has the audacity to steal Dream's waffles?