muse

in which clay could really use some motivation. 

lowercase intended!! :] 

very different writing style, was loads of fun to write :]

comfort, fluff<3 

open to interpretation

Enjoy!! 

muse

/myo͞oz/

noun

2. a person or personified force who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.

clay paints.

well, sort of.

usually, he finds himself staring at a blank canvas, breaths cold in the stale air. air that once buzzed with excitement, the smell of fresh paint, of euphoria found in creating things that started with said canvas.

now, often times nothing starts with the canvas. it stays blank, seas of white staring back at clay for hours, and hours.

and hours.

sometimes, on good days, he starts. he grasps a fuzzy image in his mind and struggles to place it on the woven canvas.

it's messy work, but beautiful in a strange sort of way. those days are nostalgic, and a bright flame of hope lights clay's eyes like fire of determination.

he wants to succeed.

but something stops him, and scuffs out the fire.

even on those good days, the paintings don't turn out how he'd like.

he misses when they did.

he misses a lot of things.

clay scraps the paintings.

clay thinks he should get a job, probably.

it's not to say that art and creation isn't one.

it's to say that clay thinks he's finally admitted to himself that it's just not his job.

he hates that.

it's so cold of a thought that it burns, and not in that pleasant way he used to feel when he painted. not in a fuzzy way, not in a comfort.

it bites.

his fingers, his nose, his toes, like frost.

clay hopes spring will come quickly.

he doubts it will.

clay likes green the best.

he likes the way it looks in forests, bright and alive with wonder.

he likes the way it looks in oceans, mixing with blues and crashing over canvas in waves.

he likes the way fields appear beneath his fingers with it, shining with moonlight.

but it's getting dull now. his eyes, too.

when he looks in the mirror, into the irises of his own, he wonders where the time has gone.

he wonders if it will ever return.

it's hard to get up in the morning.