Kismet III

part three of kismet :] 

enjoy! <3 

I gently guide Aubade along the path towards the forest, listening to the rhythmic sound of her hooves against the stone. 

It was nearing the end of the day, and George had asked me to meet him at the beginning of one of the trails in the forest. I'd been confused, though, seeing as the trails he wanted to use was one that was rarely used. 

But I went anyway, obviously. (because I'm a huge simp and would do literally anything for this guy I met like a month ago -Dream, probably [did y'all miss my terrible humour])

The sound of hooves on stone brought me gradually out of my trance. 

"Hi, Dream." 

I spin around, jumping a little as I see George. He's hopping off of Kismet, smiling nervously as his feet hit the ground. I'm terribly aware of how my heartbeat speeds up as we make eye contact, his stunning sunset of brown eyes meeting my own green ones.

"Hi, George.." I mumble, petting Aubade's neck to keep myself from totally losing control of my blush. 

"You ready?" He asks, carefully putting one foot back into his black horse's stirrup. 

I bite my lip, climbing onto Aubade and nodding. "Yeah." 

George grins cheekily. "You seem nervous, are you scared of the forest, little Dreamie?" 

I wince at the nickname. "No! I'm not nervous, and I'm not afraid of the forest. I've been in it before, stupid." It's a terrible comeback, but in my defense, I was nervous. Just not because of the reason George thinks.

The forest is beautiful, the leaves allowing soft sprinkles of warm sunlight to spread across the trail. The trail is dirt, lined with prints of hooves and shoes that had walked it before. It's cooler than in the fields, where the late afternoon sun would've beat down harshly on our backs. I inhale deeply, taking in the smooth rhythm of Aubade's trot, and the fresh summer air that fills my lungs and clears my head.

"Geoorge." 

He hums in acknowledgement, slowing Kismet until the horses are walking shoulder to shoulder, and gazes at me. For a moment, I'm completely lost in his eyes. 

"Um, sorry.. Where are we going again?" 

George blinks, looking confused for a moment. "There's no reason for you to be sorry." He pauses, a small, sly smile forming on his face. "And it's a surprise." 

I groan obnoxiously. "But I wanna know!" I complain. George rolls his eyes.

"You sound like a baby. Wait, wait, wait.." He gasps suddenly, eyes widening as if there had been a lightbulb over his head. "Ooh! You're a pissbaby!" He breaks into a fit of giggles. (bullying mcyt indirectly through fanfiction? yes) 

Maybe the nickname is worth it if it makes him laugh.

I roll my eyes anyway. "Don't call me that, Gogy." 

"Okay, pissbaby." 

I scoff softly, but laugh lightly nonetheless. (pog through the pain, Dre) 

I blink in sudden confusion as the fresh air begins to have a slightly salty scent to it and the previously soft and barely noticeable breeze begins to pick up, ruffling my blonde hair. Seagulls call their odd songs in the distance. I cast a suspicious glance towards George, but the pretty brunet pretends not to notice.