Criminal

I've been obsessed with the lovers/partners-in-crime trope and here we are lmao

In which George is a criminal on the run and Dream is an unofficial 'detective' with a plan. 

I really dislike how this came out— the storytelling just doesn't work— but I worked on it for too long and some of it is kind of pretty so just roll with it lmao

also I don't know how criminals do literally anything (Or do i—) so we going off of the movies :D

Enjoy! <3

'We need to move quick, you two, as we haven't exactly got much daylight to work with here.'

George giggled softly, rolling his eyes as he scanned the dipping sun, which melted into the horizon. Its yellows dripped into the darkening sky, casting it a vibrant purple he couldn't quite see.

"Right, yeah, we know, Sapnap." Dream grinned, lacing his fingers with his boyfriend's. 

'It's not my fault you guys are constantly getting distracted with whatever gross lovey shit you do!' Their friend's voice rang through George's earpiece angrily. The brunet smiled and exchanged mischievous glances with Dream, who was rolling his eyes fondly. 

George picked at his nails mockingly. "Well, we've never been caught, and I doubt we'll be caught today." He hummed.

Dream took the smaller's hand again. "Yeah, Sap, have some faith in us here. We're professionals." 

'You sure don't act like it.'

George was a well known criminal- Constantly on the news, even making history. He'd hit an almost uncountable amount of houses without a trace, never to be found. 

To put it short, he was a badass.

And— also to put it short— Dream had a thing for badasses.

"You're insane."

"That's one way to describe it." Dream muttered absently as he scribbled something down in his notebook. Sapnap crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, leaning back in his chair.

"It's also the correct way." Sapnap scoffed as his watched his best friend. "Tell me again what the fuck you're trying to achieve?"

"I want to figure out what his next move is. It'll be great! Find the greatest criminal ever and work with him?" Dream smiles, leaning back against his desk.

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "I don't think you're hearing yourself." He replies. "You're finding a criminal- Not to report him to the police or at the very least catch him yourself, but to— what, make him fall in love with you or some shit?" (y'know that sounds like a badly written fanfi— oh wait.) 

Dream grins wryly. "Something like that." He pauses. "But you don't understand, Nick. He's— He's got a reason for it all. I can tell. He's all right in the head—"

"You aren't." Sapnap mutters under his breath. 

"—Which means he's got to have something behind it. Look."

The television was playing an old news clip of one of George's first few acts. Sapnap watched it with mild disinterest— it was one Dream played far too often for his liking.

"He's never killed anyone. He always leaves enough behind for them to be okay." Dream said softly. "No matter what he does, no one gets hurt— Save for maybe a broken bone or some shit. And, he never gets caught either. No one can find him, despite all the witnesses." (don't do it melli no no no no— ...Georgenotfound—)