Rainfall

comfort oneshot for myself because I've been stressed lately lmao

this is kind of inspired one of my favourite songs :] however you can play whatever you like when the note pops up ! I recommend your favourite 'comfort' song ! 

in which dré and gogy get stuck in the rain whilst on a date and decide to make the most of it  

fluff !! 

Enjoy ! <3 

George groaned softly, leaning into Dream's side as the two huddled underneath the umbrella. 

Rain poured around them, the sheet of water surrounding them in a chilly storm. Each droplet glittered magically, giving the effect of a crystal that shined in the hazy, barely visible moonlight. 

But George wasn't paying attention to the beauty, instead staring defeatedly at his reflection in a puddle they stood in front of.

Dream gazed warmly at his boyfriend, holding the umbrella more tightly in one hand whilst wrapping his unused arm around George, who pressed more comfortably into the blonde's side. 

"I'm sorry, Dream, I forgot to check the weather and-" George blurted, his eyes fluttering shut as he pressed his face into the other's shoulder sheepishly. 

Dream only laughed softly, pressing a lingering kiss to the smaller's forehead. "It's okay, love." He murmured. "It's not your fault you're an idiot." (ah yes, ✨love✨) 

George scoffed, his eyes opening to glare at Dream as the taller's fingertips delicately traced his jaw. "You're so annoying." He giggled. 

Dream just smiled as he pulled away. "Besides, rain isn't so bad." He comforted lightly, taking George's hand and dodging the puddle. "Come on." 

"Dream, home is that way-" George stuttered, stumbling a little to catch up. He nodded to the opposite direction. 

"I know."

"Taking me by the arm away from my home on a dark night?" George scoffed. "I'm not sure if this is romantic or a kidnapping." 

A mischievous giggle. "Why not both?" (uuuh- dré- no) 

"I swear-" 

"Relax, Georgie, I'm not going to kill you." Dream laughs. 

George rolls his eyes at the nickname, scooting closer to his boyfriend to escape the rain. "I'm not sure if I trust your judgement. Where are we going, anyway?" 

Dream just smiles, skipping ahead a little whilst practically dragging George behind him. "You'll see!" He sings cheerfully. 

George sighs quietly, unable to hide the soft smile on his lips as Dream's near childlike excitement grows. The rain patterns on the ground melodically, the soft whistling of wind creating a chorus of an eerie song.

George clicks his tongue suddenly as an idea pops into his head. Letting go of Dream's hand for a moment- Earning himself an annoyed whine- He pulled out his phone.

There was a pause in which, tongue between teeth and eyes slightly narrowed in focus, George searched for something perfect. 

[play it. play the song, whatever song you'd like. loop it, turn the volume up, put headphones in, I don't care. just enjoy things — life, your pet, maybe you just ate the BEST cookie — for a bit !] 

The soft music filled the once empty air, the gentle melody combining with the slightly eerie sounds of rain, pattering on their umbrella, the sidewalk, the grass.