Kismet II

part two of kismet :] 

swearing and stuff but it's mostly chill 

Enjoy! <3 

Tasked with getting up at dawn and meeting with a sleep-deprived and annoyed George is not ideal. 

I learn that the hard way.

"So, this is your horse for now, her name is Aubade." George sighs, gently stroking the neck of a beautiful bay horse, who nickers softly. "You're going to have to warm up to her, then we can move on." 

I nod. "What do you want me to do?" 

"I don't know, how about you offer her a cup of tea?" He retorts sarcastically, crossing his arms. "Approach her, dumbass." 

I roll my eyes, taking a deep breath to calm myself before approaching the horse at an angle carefully. "Hey..." I whisper, before running my fingertips along the white star on her muzzle. Aubade leans into the touch, letting out a breath of air. 

George exhales. "Good. Now, is she comfortable?" 

"Uh.. Yes?" I mumble awkwardly, removing my hand. 

The brunet sighs. "Yes. You need to be sure about yourself, Clay, if she senses you're nervous you won't be able to even try to put tack on her or anything. Actually- Here, take my hand."

"What?" I take a small step back, eyes widening a little. 

"Oh my god, stop being difficult." He groans.

"It's not my fault you just asked to hold my hand!" I retort.

"No, dumbass, I asked to take your hand. Different thing." 

"Wh- How the fuck does that work?" 

But before I can say anything else, our hands lock together. George sighs in exasperation, gently intertwining our fingers. I want to melt on the spot. 

"Okay, now listen. I used to do this when I was learning to ride a horse, it helps with nerves and uncertainties and shit." He says, softly running his thumb over my knuckles. I've begun a war with my own blush at this point. "Basically, it's just like a comfort thing, it helps you feel like you're holding on to something real." 

I look down at our hands, then back up to George. He's right, it does help. But now I have butterflies in my stomach, and I'm not sure why. 

"You used to do this?"

"The fuck did I just say?" 

I smile a little, now relaxed. "I don't know if that was a joke or not, but it was funny." 

"Apparently." 

Breakfast is good. Actually, better, seeing as I'd just had an interesting morning. 

I smile at my dish stupidly, swirling my fork around the near empty plate absentmindedly. 

The other boys linger around, laughing and talking animatedly while they eat. George, however, is nowhere to be found. (cOUgh georgenotfound CouGH)

Once everyone has eaten, I hop up from my seat excitedly.

"Someone's happy. That's.. Suspicious." I turn to see Sapnap. 

"Uh, a bit, yeah. Why's it suspicious?" I ask. 

Sapnap shrugs. "You've been hanging out with George, that's just asking for frustration." I snicker.