you're at a masquerade and unknowingly dancing with your nemesis

"A dance milady?"

A deep beautiful voice calls to you as you place your hand in his. You don't know who he is. A complete stranger, but you feel butterflies immediately.

It feels silly, childish to say- but it almost feels like love at first sight.

"Of course." You say, with elegance, confidence, as your mother had always taught you. His piercing blue eyes watch you through his mask, a slight smile on those beautiful lips.

And so you dance. It feels ethereal dancing with him, as if you are in a dream.

He leads you outside, both your hands growing cold together as it snows. It's beautiful the snow, so white, so pure. The flakes falling gracefully on his dark unruly hair. And as he looks up in wonder you realise he feels the same way.

His shoulders lose the tension they've held this entire night as he watches you lean your head back and catch the snowflakes on your tongue, spinning around in glee. He laughs and does the same, both of you still holding each other, feeling so free.

And that moment feels so innocent, so pure. Until you hug him too tight, and feel the gunpowder underneath his suit. He tenses again, he knows you know. But none of you mention it.

You talk and talk and talk. For hours, about anything and everything. Except of course the real reason why he came here tonight. And then you hug. You don't know for how long. Until finally you let go.

And sadly you say, "I knew it was too good to be true."

He looks down, taking off his mask. The most beautiful boy you've ever seen. He looks sad, almost anguished. But then he puts an emotional mask on. And he's stoic, unmoving.

"The King killed my parents. My brother." He says coldly. And then he looks down again, he can't meet your eyes.

"My job was to kill you. But I..." He says. You see his mask lying on the ground, on the back the shape of a blue diamond. The sign of the biggest rebellion group in the kingdom. "I'm weak." He says.

And then he stands. Walking away.

But you say something that makes him stop in his tracks. "He killed my mother too." 

He pauses, and then turns around in shock, frantically searching your eyes to see if there's any truth.

"He killed my mother for the throne. To be King."

Oh how you've waited so long for this day. How you've prayed and wished for the freedoms fighters to come and hoped endlessly for the downfall of this Kingdom, to watch the light leave the King's eyes.

He raises his eyebrow, his eyes dance with such delight, a crazed look in his expression. You know your expression mirrors his. A slight smile graces his lips, as he outstretches his hand. "Care for a dance milady?"

You take his hand in yours and smile. "Of course, my gentleman."

And so you pour gunpowder all over the damn castle. The walls which run deep with the blood of your mother's, the blood of so many innocents. The palace taken over by a crazed King.

You don't do this for your stranger, you don't do this for your mother. You do this for you.

The kingdom is corrupt, ruined, and you don't want to live in a society as cruel as this. A society that preys on the poor and endlessly feeds the rich. No, the kingdom deserves to fall.

And so you both hold hands and laugh, finishing your waltz. A crazed look of glee, excitement and newfound love in both your expressions.

As the castle burns down. As the King screams.

As justice is served.

-----

i decided to a happy one for once haha, hope u enjoyed!! <3

Please remember to vote and comment if you can!!