you had a dream about being with your comfort character, only to wake up

"Promise you'll wait for me?" 

His big brown eyes look at you, so endearing, so beautiful you can't get around the fact that he doesn't exist. You look back into those eyes, a swirling mess of emotions, love, soul.

He takes his hand in yours as you both look up at the ceiling. And then he jumps up on the bed, laughing as he grabs a pen and reaches towards the ceiling.

"I love you." He writes, turning around every so often to give you a little shy smile.

You smile back as he pulls you up. And you stand, both of you leaning against each other as he puts a song on the radio and you slowly twirl around.

You've never felt this happy.

Until you lie back down and he switches the radio off, only for it to still keep playing. Until he lies down next to you and his face slowly starts to vanish. Until you no longer feel his warm arms around you.

"I promise." You say. But he's gone.

And then you wake. Your alarm playing the same song. You look up to the ceiling but it's the same plain white.

And as you go through the day you swear to yourself that you will remember, you will wait. Because how could a feeling like that not be real?

But slowly his features disappear from your memory. Slowly you can't remember if his eyes were brown or blue. Slowly you start to forget. You don't remember your promise.

And just before you go to sleep, you've completely forgotten.You promised you'd wait but how can you wait for someone you don't remember.

So you sleep. And you dream. But you never see him again.