9

Chapter Nine, Moves and Slow Dancing

x

"Tomorrow is the big night! Are you guys ready?" Peter asked with the utmost excitement, you would've thought the kid's parents became billionaires and he didn't have to go to school for the rest of his life. "My mom picked up my suit this morning. Gonna wear my brand new Chucks with turquoise laces to match my tie."

"That's so stupid how Samantha and you will be matching. Is your pocket square turquoise, too? Let me guess, her corsage matches as well?" Adrian asked rhetorically, but Peter still answered.

"This isn't prom, doofus. It's only homecoming, that's why I'm semi-dressed and semi-casual. We're so going to win homecoming king and queen."

"I thought that's what Betty and Bobby Blade are for?? And we only do that at formal and prom."

"Well, we're going to be so amazing, they'll have to make us king and queen."

"Wow, I can't believe your head grew bigger overnight. It's a shame there's only air in there."

"Shut up, Niall. You're just sore because I'll be wearing your tie to homecoming with Samantha."

"I couldn't care less, actually. Honestly, you're my hero, buddy. Thanks for saving me. Are you sure you'll be going with Samantha to the dance and not me instead?" I batted my eyelashes at Peter, but he only rolled his eyes and glared.

"Wait, speaking of dates, who are you going with?" Adrian asked me. Lucky for him, I had an answer.

"Was hoping that, um, you would would like go with me?" I asked Adrian, pretending to be flustered and nervous. He gave me this weird look and I chuckled. "Stag, of course. You really thought I was asking you?"

"No, not all. And, sorry, I can't. I have a date and it's all thanks to you. You're my best friend, Niall."

"What did I do now?"

"Remember those girls we met a while ago, the ones we hung out with at the mall? Well, Brandy and I hit it off and, yeah. I asked her."

"Who's Brandy? Do I know her? Do I even know a Brandy? Does Brandy go here?" Adrian and I both looked at Peter and he shrugged.

"She goes here, idiot. You guys have French together."

"What does she look like?"

"Black frizzy hair, cute dimples, perfect smile, nice legs, and very smart."

"She's also on the volley ball team and swims." I clarified.

"Oh, I know Brandy. She's, like, super cool. Like, totally." Peter tried to imitate her.

"Shut up, she doesn't sound like that all. This is why I haven't asked her to sit with us. And your stupidity might be contagious." I chuckled while Peter socked his arm.

"Samantha is way worse, so you can't tease Brandy. Besides, I like Brandy. She helps me in math so I don't fail."

"Ooooh, better watch it Adrian. Niall might steal your girl. He's having her 'tutor' him."

"Niall doesn't like her. He's clearly too infatuated with Carmen to like anyone else."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are. Why else would you walk the halls with her holding hands or offer her a ride home?" Peter teased before Adrian and him snickered.

"I bet Niall's just saying he's going alone to homecoming so he can show up with Carmen."