25

Chapter Twenty Five, What We Have Come To

x

The sky looked too gray for my taste on Monday. The sun should have been shining brightly down and if birds sang, that would have been an added bonus. But the sky looked overcast and it was as if any minute the clouds were going to barf cruddy rain. I had just reached school and parked my car when Carmen decided she'd be hilarious and scared the crap out of me by tapping on my window. When I looked at her through the glass, I saw a smirk on her face as she brought her hand up and wiggled her fingers to say hello. I stuck my tongue out at her before I grabbed my keys and backpack and exited my car.

"Well, if it isn't that cute guy with fake blonde hair who gave me a rose."

"I don't know what fake blonde you are talking about, babe?"

"This really attractive guy. It's a shame you're not him."

"Oh." I frowned at Carmen before I started to walk away. She quickly caught up with me and grabbed my arm to stop me.

"You Irish douche bag, I was kidding."

"Calling me Irish is a compliment and most definitely not an insult, babe."

"Stop calling me babe. That's just really sad."

"How?"

"Isn't it the name of a pig from some movie?"

"I don't know?"

"Don't me call me it."

"Fine, angel."

"Not that either."

"I'm not calling you bae."

"I don't want a pet name because I'm not your pet."

"My deepest apologies, Princess."

"Ha ha."

"Your haircut looks really good on you. I like the way your hair frames your face and how curly your hair is today."

"Oh...um, uh...thank you."

"Embarrassed looks good on you. Now let's go before we start making fun of each other."

"Didn't we technically do that already?"

"You made fun of me, but I didn't necessarily do it back."

"Wow, thanks for making me look like the ass of the relationship."

"I'm clearly the ass, but you're welcome- wait, did you just say we're in a relationship?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"Explain."

"I didn't know. We never talked about it and nothing has really happened since Saturday night, so I assumed we were just talking and not seeing each other yet."