Deleted Scene

Deleted Scene, Four: From Chapter Thirteen

x

"What is your freaking problem? Are you trying to cause an accident? How much more reckless can you be?" Carmen exclaimed. Clearly I pushed her past her breaking point today.

"You're my problem. And yes, I am. I can be very reckless, don't try me."

"You're insane!"

"You're annoying!"

"I'm sorry I'm trying to have a good time."

"Really? Because all you're doing is complaining about what your parents are going to do when they find out. No one forced you to come with me. In fact, I didn't want you here."

"That's because I care about the consequences of my actions. And if you didn't want me to come so bad, you would've done a better job at keeping me away."

"Well, I don't and you were being stubborn."

"Oh, excuse me for doing what you do all the time."

"You know what? Just forget it, okay. You're going to give me a headache and I can't deal with that right now."

There was a pause, so I used the silence to calm down and continued driving. I had said this day wasn't going to be fun and I was right. It sucks, but hopefully I can change that. If Carmen lets me because she's making it very difficult.

"I want to go home." Carmen mumbled, sounding like a grumpy child. I was about to think how cute that was, but I luckily stopped myself. She's upset now and I feel bad because it really is my fault. Being nice to someone I dislike is hard.

"You're ready to face your mom right now?"

"No."

"That's why I'm not taking you home."

"Then where are we going?"

"I'm going to go to Valley Fair and maybe we could walk to Santana Row and get macaroons. There's also this little bakery that has amazing tiramisu. I know they're all desserts, but we could have lunch at the mall first, then go."

"Oh, that actually sounds really nice."

"I know and all that won't take long, I mean it's the mall and a bunch of stores, so we could do whatever else you want to do. I don't have to drop you home. We could go to my house and hang out until you figure out an excuse for your parents."

"I had no idea you planned this."

"I didn't plan it. I had figured you only came along with me for a distraction since you didn't want to be at school. So I thought I might as well make your first time ditching somewhat enjoyable."

"This sounds better than when you took me to the library and tried to ditch me."

"I just needed some space away from you. I also wanted to look for comics, but I was sidetracked and bored."

"You were acting like an idiot and made fun of the books I was choosing."

"I blame you for getting us kicked out, though."