[17.] STOP BEING CONS AND START BEING CIVILIANS

TW// When talking about the characters sentences/ jail time, violence, r*pe(, etc.) are mentioned.

Third Person POV:

In a meeting room at Fox River State Penitentiary, sat the FBI agent, Alexander Mahone. He sat at a table in the meeting room with a pen in his hand and a newspaper opened on the last page right in front of him. No one else was in the room, just himself waiting quietly for the other FBI agent who was working on the case with him. The newspapers weekly crossword sat on the page that he was so focused on. He would sometimes scribble a few words and sentences around the border of the crossword.

The heavy door in the corner of the room opened and Agent Mark Wheeler entered before closing the door behind him as he dropped files and documents on top of the newspaper Mahone was staring at.

"The escapee's," Mahone said, interrupting the silence, "who were they?"

"I've got a list right here," Wheeler replied.

"Read it to me if you could," Mahone spoke as he picked up the files. Wheeler nodded his head.

"Michael Scofield, structural engineer, five years for armed robbery." Wheeler started calling out the list of the eight convicts who had escaped from the prison the night before. Mahone opened the files that were spread out on the table in front of him, opening the file about Scofield. He quickly scanned it whilst Wheeler briefly talked about him, before putting it down and grabbing the next one.

"Benjamin Miles Franklin, former U.S. Army, eight years for possession of stolen goods...... John Abruzzi, don of the crime family of the same name. Life without parole for conspiracy to commit murder....... Fernando Sucre, five years for aggravated robbery...... David "Tweener" Apolskis, five years for grand larceny..." Agent Wheeler continued as Mahone flipped through all the files.

"....Theodore 'T-Bag' Bagwell, life for six counts of kidnapping, rape and first-degree murder.... Vanessa Tancredi, charged for 15 years for the counts of second-degree murder.... And Lincoln Burrows, scheduled to die next week for the murder of President Reynold's brother." Agent Mahone closed the files before looking up at Agent Wheeler.

"Tancredi.... Vanessa Tancredi..... she's the soon to be Vice-President's daughter? Frank Tancredi?" Wheeler nodded his head in response. "How did she end up in an all males Penitentiary?"

"It was requested that she was to be close to home.... but her father put her into Fox River. He said that, quote - unquote "That's where she belongs, that's what she deserves".  Jordan Gonzales happened to be a close friend of Frank Tancredi's, Sir."

"How long has it been since they got over the wall?"

"Eight o' clock last night."

"Scofield-- he and Burrows were brothers." Mahone said as he went back to jotting down notes on the newspaper.

"That's right."

"And he's the mastermind of this whole thing."

"That's what they're saying." Wheeler nodded his head.

"I want everything they've got on him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa's POV:

My lungs were in agony. Begging for me to slow down and catch a breath.

I was so busy ducking under branches, dodging trees and running away from the cops that I never even realized the amount of pain my body was in. I had just been back from the infirmary the evening before and now I was on the run. You would think I would want to take it easy.