[4.] extreme heat

First of all can I just say.... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS!  That's amazing! I have only been writing this book for a little over a month and I have already got 100 reads. Thank you so much!

______________________________________

Vanessa's POV

Black dots covered my vision.

Blinking, I regained my sight only to encounter bright lights before me. I felt an extreme heat wave fall on top of me. Sweat dripped down my face.

Voices rang threw my ears. I felt sore. I suddenly heard an ear piercing scream. Slowly, I turned my head to see my sister being pulled by the hair.

The fright in her eyes made my muscles slowly move. I felt like I haven't moved in years, like a car starting up after being left in harsh weather for so long.

The slam of the door made my fingers jolt. My jaw tensed. Her second shriek made my arms and torso move as I shot up suddenly. My legs were the one thing I needed to move. The scratching on the floor made my eyes reach to her movements. I looked up to see her pushing whatever she could to the door, which happened to be a cabinet.

I so badly wanted to get up and defend my older sister. Her eyes caught mine as a breath came out of her mouth.

"'Nessa," her eyes opened widely as she ran to me. Grabbing my arms, she helped me up out of the uncomfortable, hospital bed.

Her arms around my waist suddenly gave out as I fell to the floor. Laughs erupted from outside which brought my attention.

A dark man stood outside the office as well as many other vicious men. The darkest skinned man was holding a match stick, the evil laugh that erupted his lungs terrified me. My breath sped up as I knew I wouldn't make it out of here alive. The terrible things they could've done to myself and Sara.

I panicked and began hitting my legs, in hope that they would just magically wake up from whatever sleep they were in. I looked at Sara who was banging at the window and screaming.

An atrocious laugh came from all the men as myself and my sister shifted our heads towards the door. I watched as the dark skinned man carefully lit a piece of paper on fire before throwing it threw the hole in the window.

I watched as if the piece of paper fell into the small office waste basket in slow motion. The hatred yet fear in my eyes looked up at the man who threw the paper. His eyes met mine.

"Don't worry, we won't forget about you, princess." The beast thought he was funny as he laughed at his own 'joke'.

I pulled myself onto my stomach and dragged myself to Sara. I began to feel my toes coming too but that still wasn't enough for me to get up.

I began coughing before I realized that the waste basket was still on fire and was smoking the room up. A tingling sensation ran up through my leg giving me an ultra wave of pins and needles. I began pinching my legs in hope it would speed up the process. I turned around trying to find an option for me to get out.

I looked around the room, grabbing a pair of medical scissors for an emergency. I shoved them down my sock as I slowly pulled myself up onto my feet. I leaned against the wall for support. Looking around the room I saw a small drain under the sinks.

I carefully ran to drain trying to pull it up, but only waking up it would be hard to use my 'strenght'.

"Sara, I could use some help," I turned around but she wasn't there.

"Sara?" I walked to the bed to see if she was behind it. Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder. I screamed in fright before looking up to the ceiling to see familiar, bright, blue eyes staring down at me.