[20.]JUICY COUTURE

Vanessa's POV:

We had been driving for at least 2 hours now. I had fallen asleep within a few minutes of leaving Nika's place. I hadn't slept in days and I was exhausted. I woke up in the middle of a conversation between Michael and Lincoln but I kept my eyes closed.

I wasn't sure what exactly Lincoln and Michael were talking about as I only caught the middle of the conversation, but my attention was caught when I heard them mention Sara's name. I couldn't even catch on to why they were talking about her, but the conversation dropped quickly. The car stayed quiet for a while and I thought it was best to sit up and engage in conversation.

"Afternoon, sleepyhead", Michael chuckled. I grinned and returned a similar response before looking out the window. We were in the middle of no where, surrounded by acres and acres of fields, with crops and livestock. I rolled down my window and inhaled a deep breath of the countryside air. The air filled my lungs and it felt amazing, even better than the city fumes. I began to notice how quiet it was. The only sound was the engine of the car, travelling down the long, country road. Michael and Lincoln remained silent and it was driving me crazy. I leaned forward to turn on the radio to drown out the silence but Michael grabbed my hand. My heart skipped a beat.

"Don't", He said as he slowly let go of my hand. I sighed in defeat, remembering that he had warned us not to touch the radio. I sighed, leaning back into the seat as Michael let go of my hand.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I forgot... it's just the noise. There's no noise. Nothing. It's driving me insane." I rubbed my hands over my face.

"I know right?" Linc chuckled. "Inside, there was always so much noise, yanno? Someone yelling, guards making rounds. I kinda got used to it."

"Your right. We should go back." Michael joked. All three of us laughed at his antic as we continued down the road.

Michael pulled up the sleeve of his jacket to look at his watch. He glanced at it before pulling the sleeve back down, covering his large sleeve of tattoos. I thought back to the time in prison when I had first seen the tattoos that were sprawled across his body.

"The tats..." I began. "How long did they take?" Michael sighed before smirking.

"Too long." He chuckled. "But worth it."

"They weren't just for getting out, were they?" Linc asked.

"Breaking out was just the beginning. Now it gets a little more interesting." Michael readjusted his arms, straightening them as he started to pick up the speed again.

"Oh yeah... totally, because Linc being strapped to the chair wasn't interesting enough... not to mention that I was the only female inmate in a males penitentiary?" I laughed, giving Michael a sarcastic look. I could hear Lincoln chuckling in the back. Michael smiled.

"All that I'm saying is that inside, we had the element of surprise. No one knew what we were planning" He nodded. His smile slightly dropped though. "But... there's something about this guy- - that detective... it's like he knows where we're going...what we're thinking. If that's true it's just a matter of time before he finds out about the money in Utah, Bolshoi Booze, our way into Mexico," He turned to look at me before saying: "Everything."

The car went silent again. I guess we all found what Michael had said, a bit unsettling. Although it was true, it was still very scary. Michael checked his watch again before reaching into his pocket, taking out a flip-phone. "You ready for this?" He asked as he looked at us.

Both Linc and I nodded. "Make the call," Linc said. Michael dialed a number before lifting the phone to his ear.

"Hey, it's me." He started. "I've got Linc... we're on our way there. If for some reason you can't make it, call me back at 9-1-7 4-5-4 3-4-2... bye." Michael closed the phone and placed it on the dash board. I watched the green light blink on the phone as we continued driving.