[8.] LETTERS

I sat at the table beside the bunk bed. On the table I had a notebook, a pencil, an eraser and a black pen. I was laying in bed when I remembered that Michael needed a key for the infirmary.

So I sat at the table and stared at the notebook, thinking of how and what I was going to say. After a while it came to me in bits and pieces so I began writing neatly on the page.

Dear LJ

I'm sorry, I told your Dad I would step in for him whilst he was away but I didn't participate very well. Speaking of your Dad, I've met him and Michael. I didn't know Michael was your uncle. He's my cell mate. Prison is hard but I'll get through it. I'm sentenced to jail for life if you haven't heard. I've got to admit, the thing I'm missing the most is the Friday movie nights we used to have. I've been having nightmares lately but I think it's because of the scary, disgusting men. I was supposed to meet the warden the first day I came but he had to rush to a meeting so I'm going today. Michael got me into CI... I'm so happy about that because now I don't have to be around those pervy men. Your Dad also helps which is great because I get to see him and stand close enough to him without a guard yelling at us to stand ten feet away.
I'll write to you soon.
Bye for now
Vanessa Tancredi x

I sat back and read over the note for moment staring at the pencil and black pen. I stared at the letters I engraved in with black pen.

Would LJ get the message? I sat in the uncomfortable chair for moments rereading the letter over and over again. My arms and body was covered in bruises and a bandage around my arm. I thought of how the mean cop, Bellick took my aside yesterday and bullied me around the place. I looked back at the page before my cell doors opened.

I ripped out the paper from the notebook and shoved it into my pocket before I turned to face Michael. He stared at me suspiciously but also worriedly. My attention was grabbed when Bellick hit the bars of the cell. I made eye contact with the large man.

"The warden would like to see you, Vanessa," he grins. The hairs on my back stand up as I sigh. My eyes sting, I blink a couple of times to hold back the tears.

I still haven't told Michael or Sara what happened with Bellick. Michael always has a worried expression on his face but I can also see he's scared to ask me for some strange reason.

I brush past Michael as I walk out the cell door, it closes after me. Bellick let's out and evil chuckle as he grabs my arm. I winced in pain as he touches a bruise. He seems to notice as he tightens his grin and snickers.

We walk across the yard before coming face to face with the wardens secretary. The petite woman smiles at me before gesturing her hand to the door.

I walk in by myself and close the door after me. I turn to see a slightly chubby man with a moustache. He smiles at me.

"Vanessa, it's nice to finally meet you," he makes his way towards me with a smile on his face. His smile slowly begins to disappear when he notices the bruises on my arms. He looks back at me and holds his hand out.

I take his hand and receive his firm handshake. He gestures me towards the chair in front of his desk. I walk towards the chair and take a seat.

"I apologize for taking so long to finally be able to sit down and talk to you," he says.

"Don't worry about it," I look at the ground.

Warden was going through some rules and my shower routine when there was a knock on the door.

The door opened a jar. I sat in the chair looking behind warden. His big large window viewed the yard.

"Ah, Mr Scofield," Warden smiles. I turn in my chair to see Michael at the door. My eyes meet his for barely half a second before he looks away.

"This way please, Michael." Warden gets out of his seat and walks to a door at the bottom of the room. Michael follows him.

I turn back around and look down at my shoes. Warden takes a while before coming back into the room leaving the door open ajar.

"Sorry about that Ms. Tancredi, Mr. Scofield is......... working on a project for me at the moment."

I nod my head and smile as I look at the man who sits back into his chair.

"I was meaning to ask you what..... Ehm... What..... How did you get your bruises?" He hesitates. I think back to yesterday.

"Don't tell anyone about this or it won't be your last time," Bellick smirks before grabbing my wrist and swinging me into the wall.

My hand reaches my wrist and I rub it uncomfortably. I look down.

"If any of the prisoners are giving you a hard time, don't be afraid to come to me or any of the nurses at any time to let us know," he nods his head.

He looks down at a file or a piece of paper, I'm not sure but he frowns and look back up at me.

"It wasn't Scofield was it? I know he's your cell mate but-" he whispers.

I cut him off "No, I mean no it wasn't him."

He nods his head and sighs. He looks down at his desk and straightens some papers before closing over a file. He stands up from his desk. I copy his movement as he extends a hand to me. I shake his hand for a brief moment before he says.

"I'll have officer Bellick walk you back to your cell," he smiles before walking me to the door.

~~~~~~~~~

First of all:

I'm extremely sorry for not posting in so long so I wrote two chapters for you guys.

Second of all:

don't forget to comment, Vote and Share xx