[14.] SOMETHING BORROWED AND SOMETHING NEW

VANESSA'S POV

The tunnels were cold. Freezing cold. Every single one of us was running as fast as we could down the tunnels, enough time has already been wasted and we needed to get out of the prison before the guards would notice our empty beds. My body was in agony as I was crouching, my three cracked ribs were not agreeing with the movements my body was making but I didn't want to complain. After all, it was all my fault as to why we were behind time.

Suddenly, a scream was heard from the top of the tunnels. My heart dropped. I looked up, making direct eye contact with Michael for a split second before he looked towards Westmoreland. I was unsure as to what they knew and what was going to happen. All of a sudden everyone broke out into a sprint after Michael, still moving forward.

The screaming and shouting got louder and louder as we got closer. I recognized the voice as a males. Eventually we stop, as-well as the shouting. I can't see the victim over the taller men, Michael, Westmoreland, C-note, Sucre, T-bag, John and Sucres' cousin. I manage to push my way forward, next to Michael and in-front of the hostage.

Bellick chuckled. His shoulders shook vigorously and his head tilted back.

"I knew it! I knew you had some scheme with Scofield." He chuckled before looking me up and down. "Wow, I sure did throw you around the place didn't I!?"

I lunged for him, shooting before aiming, punching him in the eye. Sucre and Michael pulled me back before I could hit him again. He chuckled once more, wincing as his face creased by his grin.

"Wow, not as bad as I remember, but then again.... I remember the other things," he chuckles as I look away, a sickening feeling torturing my insides. This time Michael was the one to lunge at him, punching him twice in the face before he was pulled off of him.

"Oh my bad, Scofield not have his turn yet? And after all that time you two spent together in that cell, oh well, there's still plenty of time for that. She'll be what you would call something borrowed and something new." His laugh was cut off when Michael and Sucre both hit him. Knocking him out completely.

Michael looked up at me in reassurance as Sucre placed duck tape on Bellicks mouth and retied the ropes around his wrists.

"Did he.. did he.." Michael stuttered.

"Not to that extent, he just... let's not talk about this, okay?! We've got to get linc outta here," I ran up the tunnels ahead of everyone, Michael behind me. I could feel his eyes burning into my back.

When we reached the top, a door was visible. On the door there was a buttoned passcode. Michael checked his watch before saying:
"You guys wait down there and change into the suits."

I walked down a bit, seeing a ladder on the wall. I quickly put the now bleached, white CI uniform on.

As we're waiting on Michael I see C-note, sitting away from everyone. He look so worried about everything that was going to happen.

"You're doing this for your family aren't you?" I ask him. He nods. "You've kids?"

"Yeah, a daughter, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me," he whispered.

"I'll help you get to your daughter, C-note. I know what it's like to loose loved ones and I don't want you to go through that," I promise.

"You have kids? Was it them?" He asked. I shake my head

"No, more like my family.... mom died when I was young, my dad was never really there for my sister and I and then my sister stopped talking to me when I got arrested."

"I'm sorry, you know you're pretty easy to talk to. You remind me of— "

My heart almost jumped out through my mouth when I heard an alarm go off. All of a sudden everyone started giving out. Michael ran up to us, a smirk on his face. He was wearing Bellicks uniform, I never seen him grab it.

He climbed up the ladder lifting open the top ajar before explaining what the plan of action was.

We all climbed up the ladder and followed Michael and other men in white uniform inside the Physic Ward.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry it's been a little while since I've last updated. Just want to apologize about how bad this chapter is, I had such bad writers block whilst writing this chapter but don't worry I have great ideas for the future chapters 😁😘

Also thank you so much for 5K reads!!! Like honestly, it's so crazy.

Remember to vote and comment

Love ya lots
-A xx