[10.] SCREAM

Vanessa's POV

It was getting dark outside. All prisoners were in their beds and officers were counting bodies. I stirred around in my bed when a light was shone in my eyes.

The officer moved on to the next cell. Michael sat up placing his pillows under his blanket. He then unscrewed the toilet from the wall. I got up and copied him.

He pulled the toilet out, revealing a hole in the wall. He ushered me to go first. I climbed in and waited for Michael to block the hole up again.

We began crawling until we reached a sort of tunnel. We stopped and looked at the two exits. Michael closed his eyes and thought for a moment before taking the left and going forward.

We came to a stop right next to a ladder. We made our way up and around. Soon enough we found ourselves crawling through a roof into a filing room.

I jumped down quietly. Michael and I searched for the "T" files. I opened up a cabinet next to Michael and searched through until I came across "T".

"Tab, Ben....
Tammers, Christopher....
Tancredi, Vanessa...
Tanner, Bruc-
Wait,
Tancredi, Vanessa!" I whispered. I quickly grabbed the file and looked through it as Michael made his way towards me.

Name: Vanessa Chloe Tancredi
DOB: 08/10/1976
Crime: second degree murder of Jordan Gonzales.
Sentence: 15 years
Spouse: N/A
Children: 1 (female) name unavailable

I could feel Michael looking into my paper behind me I wouldn't have cared besides the last fact on the file. I quickly searched for the box number.

Box number: N768
I quickly put the file back and searched for the box "N768". I ran across the room and opened another door showing a crate of boxes.

My eyes suddenly came across box "N768". I pulled it out and opened it. A plastic bag sat inside it. I pulled it out of the box and sat on the ground with it.

I opened the plastic bag to see my purse inside. It contained my money and cards. I grabbed the money and put it on the ground. I also grabbed my mothers watch.

I didn't want to bring it in at first but I figured since we were escaping I should bring it anyways. I closed my bag and looked back into the box to see my clothes I wore when I was arrested.

A green shirt, blue jeans and a pair of brown boots. My court suit also lay in the box. I decided to take the casual clothes. I placed everything into a plastic bag and tied it up.

Before I tied the bag I grabbed a large, red diamond necklace my dad bought me before the case as a 'Good Luck' present.

It was worth thousands. I hated the stupid thing. It was too big and made me look too posh. Also the fact that it came from my father was also a downgrade.

I carefully put the large necklace in the plastic bag and put the box back. I closed over the door and made my way to Michael who was waiting for me.

He gave me a boost up and I crawled into the ceiling. I helped Michael in. We sat there for a moment catching our breath before making our way to the tunnels.

I stopped and grabbed Michael. "Thank you, by the way. Thanks for everything," He smiled at me for a moment. I could feel the space between us slowly get smaller and smaller. At one point I think we were so close I could feel his breath on my skin.

I cleared my throat breaking the silence. I placed the plastic bag on the ground, opening it up. I reached inside and grabbed the necklace.

"This is for you and Lincoln," I smiled. "My dad got it for me, I never liked it anyways. Hopefully you will be able to get some money for it. If it's from my dad it's gonna be.... expensive," I sighed.