[5.]Goodnight

Vanessa's POV

I sat on the cold, metal desk in the cell, my fingers tracing the wrapped bandages along my left arm. My eyes were lingering on Michaels inked back.

He stood at the cell door, staring into genpop. His tank top revealed his bare shoulders, revealing his tattoos. My eyes riveted the tattoos for too long to notice things.

Paths crossing one another gave me a hint of a maze, then I saw bigger objects as I realized it was something much bigger than a maze.

The Sistine chapel lay across the tattoos I could see. The detail on the tattoos was extremely impressive.

Removing my hand from my arm I placed it on what I thought was the cold steel. I looked down to see my hand placed on top of a bible.

I opened the bible flicking the pages, listening to the flickering. One page in particular stood out to me. I opened the page to see a long screw.

At the bottom of the screw it looked as if it was worn out. Scraped to the shape of a hexagon. I looked around the cell to see if I could find a screw with the same shape on top.

My eyes raided the bunk bed then the window. Closing the book and placing it quietly on the table, I reached under the table. Sitting on the desk I kept my eyes on Michael.

He was up to something and I had to find out, I can't risk getting in trouble if it's bad.

Finding the screw under the table I found that it was not the same shape. I sighed as I rubbed my dry hands together.

I slid off the table and took a step to the toilet, washing my hands.

As I turned off the tap my eyes caught the attention of the screws holding the toilet to the wall. The hexagon shape was on the top of the screw.

I looked back at Michael to see he was laying on his bed. I slowly pushed and pulled the toilet. It felt loose in the wall.

Gen pop was getting quiet as it was almost lights off. I quickly climbed onto the top bed.

"Goodnight," Michael sighed. I paused for a moment not saying anything.

"Em... Night," I whispered. I scratched my head before closing my eyes.

***
Dream

I woke up. Sitting on my bed I looked around the.....room...I wasn't in my cell, I felt confused. I didn't know where I was. I looked to my side to see Robert in the bed beside me.

The black, cotton sheets came to his waist.

Sitting up I looked down, my hands raided my arms and down my waist. My bandages weren't there. I lay back down as the back of my head hit the white pillow. I was confused. I sighed before brushing my hands up my face.

A cold object scraped my face, I looked at my hand to see my old engagement ring on my finger. I pulled the gold band off my finger and examined it. The four carat diamond ring with a golden band sat in the palm of my hand.

I rested my head on who I thought was Robert. His head turned before I saw Michael. My eyes opened wide with shock.

I quickly crawled out of the bed. I fell on the floor. Accidentally, I knocked over a box, my head quickly shot over to the box with messy handwriting sprawled across the side.

'Sara's stuff'

I pulled a rolled up blueprint out of the box. I sprawled the blueprint across the floor. My eyes examined parts of the paper. A red ring was drawn around the infirmary with a smaller circle in a corner of the building.

Messy handwriting wrote in the circle.
'My office'
These were the copied blueprints Sara got of the prison. I looked at the bed to see Michael missing. The bedroom window was opened.

I sprung to the window looking out it. My eyes examined the streets of Chicago as I looked for Michael.

"Strange, isn't it?" A voice called behind me. I flinched in sight as I stared at him.

"Wh- what?" I asked.

"The blueprints. Why would someone want to leave something permanent on their skin?"

"I- I don't know," I shook my head. I looked down. I stared at my short, black, silky night dress.

"Ask him," the voice said.

"How?" I looked up to see Lincoln standing in front on me.

"Wake up! What is he doing?" He shook his head. I closed my eyes wanting everyone to leave. I wanted to be by myself in the room.

***
I gasped.

My eyes found the ceiling. It was just a dream. The first things I saw was the bars at the bottom of my bed. I sighed before I got up.

I climbed off the bunk bed. My feet hit the cold concrete floor. I heard a scraping noise coming from the toilet.

I quickly looked to Michaels bed. He was gone. I hastily climbed on top of the bunk bed and pretended I was asleep and turned onto my stomach.

I watched carefully how Michael closed over the small entrance from the wall he came out of.

He slowly walked towards the desk and opened the bible. I closed my eyes before he could turn around. I decided to have one more peek before he goes to sleep.

Opening my eyes, directly in front of me stood Michael. His cold, blue, angry eyes staring into mine.

A/N

Sorry for not writing in three weeks I was trying to update my other books (which still aren't updated).

Also on the tenth of august it was my birthday! Yay!!!

Bye for now

Aisling xx