[11.] WILD SIDE

I woke up to the little window in the far corner of the 'room' shining a bit of light in my eyes. I grumbled, rolling over a bit. I looked up at the ceiling and began thinking to myself.

This is better than being in the cell blocks I thought to myself, I tried to change the bad situation into a good one. I got out of the bed and walked towards the small sink. I let the cold water run from the Faucet. I ran my hands under the cool liquid, splashing it on my face.

The flowing water came to a halt before I placed both hands on either side of the sink. I grasped it tightly. I watched my knuckles turn white. I heard the door swing open but I stayed where I was.

I could feel two bodies in the space behind me. The door was closed but remained unlocked. I came up with solutions in my head wether or not to run out, but the reality set in and I thought to myself again: Don't be a fool Vanessa, there's not even a fraction of hope you would escape.

"Tell us what happened last night or you will deal with the consequences," Warden spoke with a voice ever so wicked, yet he still managed to sound kind. I wondered to myself how he still had the job. I understand he could get his work done but he could be a big softie.

I let go of the sink, my knuckles throbbed as the blood rushed back to my fingers. I turned around, leaning my body against the sink and crossing my legs. Bellick stood next to the Warden, both hands glued to his belt.

I closed my eyes for a moment whilst shrugging my shoulders. I looked at the barred 'window' on the door. Across I could see Link. He was staring right at me, listening into the conversation. I didn't mind at all, I mean it was probably the most of a conversation he had heard in a while. I look back to the two men.

"This is just great!" Warden threw his hands in the air sarcastically. "Not even a peep from Scofield." My brows furrowed as I looked to the ground.

He shoved his hands in his pockets before walking towards the door. Bellick didn't even budge. I could feel his eyes burning holes into me. I began cracking my knuckles to drop the tension.

"I'll be back later this evening by the way, and the next day, and the next, and the next" Warden spoke. "Don't think I'm not going to find out what happened."

A sick feeling came to my stomach when he said that. What would he do to us if he ever found out?!?!

"Are you coming, Captain?" He sighed.

"Nah, you go on ahead. I'm not done here," Bellick smirked. Suddenly, that's when I felt the room get smaller and warmer. The heavy, metal door echoed through the room and out the hall when it closed.

Bellick moved closer and closer to me until he was almost touching me. At the top of the towering figure I could see him smirk. He ran his finger down my arm gently. I shivered violently as he did that. Goose bumps uncomfortably appeared out of nowhere.

At that point I wanted to kick and punch him, but I stood still knowing that he wouldn't do anything to me. Not when there was officers standing right outside.

"Yanno, he will find out what happened.... well, if he doesn't, I will." His smirk grew. "You see I don't believe whatever happened between you and Scofield.... whatever the others say they saw."

"It's impossible for a skinny, weak, little women like you to physically harm a tough, prisoner like Scofield," he laughed as he grabbed my arms tightly.

"I'm gonna find out what actually happened and what your gang is up to," he sighed. His breath smelled like coffee and tobacco. I smiled at him, his face looked puzzled, yet that annoying grin of his stayed stuck to his face.

"Underestimate me, that'll be fun... because there's always a wild side to an innocent face, so please..... don't study me because you're not going to graduate," I grinned, I watched as his smirk dropped but I also watched as his fist rose.

His knuckles collided with my lip and my head collided with the wall, slowly I slid down the brickwork. I could taste the metallic sapidity of the blood trickling from my lip and into my mouth. I smirked and looked up at him.

"I win," I laughed before spitting out blood. He watched the blood spring out of my mouth and splatter on the wall. He looked back down at me one last time before stomping out of the room.

I sat on the floor, laughing silently. It sounded very creepy, but I didn't care. I knew I got under his skin, and I was proud of that.

"Everything alright in there?" I heard a whisper. I sat up in shock, searching around the room from where I heard the voice.

I looked to my left to see a small vent on the ground. I crawled towards it resting my head on the ground next to it.

"I'm perfectly fine," I laughed.

"Bellick looked pissed on his way out, what did you do?" Lincoln asked.

"I told him I wasn't scared of him and that he shouldn't underestimate me," I smiled.

"Let me guess.... he wasn't impressed was he?" he chuckled.

"Not at all, I have a busted lip if you don't believe me," I laughed again.

"Are you alright?" He sighed. My smile vanished from my face, I stared straight ahead of me, at my blood on the wall. This was my life now and the reality was only setting in.

"I- Yeah, I think so." There was a knock on the door before I could get off the ground. The door swung open quickly and a tray was left on the ground.

The officer closed the door as I made my way towards my breakfast. It was a bowl of oatmeal, an apple and a carton of milk. It was more than what I would've had outside of prison.

I sighed as I picked up the spoon and stared at my reflection in it. My figure sat upside down on the round utensil, yet I could make out everything.

The main thing that caught my eye was the crimson, red blood dripping down my chin and in my mouth. My teeth were stained with red. What a look! I thought to myself with a smile.

I lifted the tray up and placed it on my bed before I got up and washed my face for the second time that morning. I lifted the spoon again, staring back at the reflection.

An awful gash sat above my lip. It was quite wide and blood did not stop pouring out of it. I sighed knowing what that meant. Stitches. I thought to myself. I guess I've gotta go see Sara.