[3.] back to reality

Dedicated to rowenaspells

Vanessa's POV

I sat at the dinner table with my fiancé, Robert, eating Chinese takeout as pur usual, we were to get married in a year. I had a secret but it was an exciting one, I couldn't wait for him to hear. Sara was coming to stay at the apartment for the night. I have been with Robert for a year now and she hasn't seen him in ages.

I watched Robert pick up his fork and dig into his noodles. I smiled at him, life was good. I was about to get married and I was going to ask Sara to be my maid of honor.....and now... I am going to be a mother and Robert is going to be a Father.

I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I wanted to wait for Sara's arrival but I couldn't. I dropped my knife and fork and clasped my hands to my chest.

I smiled as bright as I could and looked at Rob, his eyes caught mine and a smile appeared onto his face as he took my hands.

"What's on your mind?" He asked me.

"I was just... Thinking, about us" I shrugged.

"What about us?" He rubbed his thumb over my hand, making me relax.

"I never asked you but would you ever want kids?" I asked him. He looked down at his plate and licked his lips.

"I mean... Some day of my life, yeah... Why?" concern rang threw his voice.

"What if I told you I was pregnant?" I smiled. His hands left mine and he picked up his fork, making a tornado with his noodles.

"I'd tell you that your crazy," he hissed.

"But I am pregnant," I stood up from the table. He stood up grabbing his plate.

"I refuse to believe that!" Rob shouted.

"Rob, it's our child."

"No! It's either me or...that!" I couldn't believe him, I was shook. I have never ever seen him like this before.

"What?!?!? How dare you put that pressure on me! I can't choose, that's like asking would you choose your mom over your Dad!" I shouted.

"Yeah well this is so much more different. Do you know what, just go, we're over!" He shouted. Tears began to fall from my eyes.

"I am not leaving, Sara will be here in an hour and she will be shocked to hear you telling her to leave," I said entering the bedroom and grabbing a suitcase. I threw it on the bed and began pulling stuff from his wardrobe.

"Do you know what, Fine! But just so you know-" he began.

"JUST GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!" I screamed. "Oh and take this!" I said as I pulled the engagement ring off my finger. I walked to my window and opened it. I threw the ring out the window watching it land.

"Fuck you." He said before he grabbed his suitcase and ran out the room.

I followed him until he came to the door. He stared at me and looked at the picture frame of us. He took it off the shelf and looked at me. His arm quickly raised to the air and back down just as the picture frame met the wall beside me.

Glass went everywhere. He slammed the door shut, knocking down picture frames and things off of shelves to the ground.

I quickly heard a buzz and that's when I snapped back to reality. The cell doors all slid open as everyone made their way out to the yard. I quickly followed Michael out of the cell.