[9.] "I swear to god!"

*thank you guys so much for 1k reads, it means so much, thank you *

Two Weeks Later

MICHAEL'S POV

Officer Arnold led me down to the infirmary this morning. I walked calmly along side him. His grip on my arm wasn't as tight as Bellicks' would be. My mind wondered for a while and next thing I knew i was at the door of the infirmary room. I knocked twice on the door before it swung open and I was greeted with a genuine smile from Sara.

"Hello, Michael how are you feeling today?" Sara asked. She sat on the edge of her desk holding her clipboard infront of her chest with one arm whilst the other reached behind her in search of a pen. Her eyes flickered to the table ,as she raised the pen, and then back to my face.

"I'm fine, I feel normal, had a decent breakfast. A decent sleep." I smiled, staring into her brown eyes. Sara nodded before writing on the clipboard.

"And what about yesterday? How were you feeling?" she asked, her eyes still glued to the clipboard, waiting for my answer.

"Well, a little dizzy but other than tat I felt perfect," I lied.  She pursed her lips before scribbling my untruthful answer onto the clipboard. She place it on the table and walked towards me, gesturing me towards a stool. She walked towards a small table on wheels and pushed it towards me. I turned my head towards the door noticing Bellick beside a wall. His arm was outstretched, he probably had hold of another inmate. As I was staring out the window I didn't notice Sara taking my blood pressure.

"All good," She smiled, taking it off my arm. She reached over the table taking a needle. My insulation that was being provided for my 'diagnoses' of diabetes. I sucked in a large breath as she injected the insulation into my body. As she withdrew the needle and placed a band-aid over the small hole, I slowly began leaning closer and closer to Sara. She began to notice and looked up, staring at me right into my eyes.

"Has anyone ever complemented you on how amazing your brown eyes are?" I whispered with a smile playing on my lips. She slowly began leaning closer to me. My head was being bombarded with thoughts.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT'S VANESSA'S SISTER"

"YOU NEED THAT KEY! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR BROTHER OUT OF Prison!"

"HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO HER?"

"COME ON, JUST PULL THE MOVE ALREADY!"

My head inched closer to her but then suddenly, a loud, angry knock was heard on the door. I looked up to see Vanessa staring right at me with angry eyes through the pane of the doors window. The first thing that popped up in my head was " FUCK", she pushed the door open before walking into the room. Her eyes still on mine.

"Oh, I'm sorry was I interrupting something?" Vanessa said sarcastically whilst she raised an eyebrow. Her foot tapped anxiously on the ground whilst she waited for one of us to give her an answer.

"No. You're just in time Vanessa. Thank you Michael, I'll see you around." Sara said as she walked me to the door, shutting it behind me. I walked up the corridor seeing Bellick was there waiting for me. He rolled his eyes before grasping my arm tightly and guiding me back to my cell.

When I got inside my cell the first this I saw was a letter sitting on the desk with Vanessa's name written on it. I began pacing in the small open space we had. I was scared for my life, I paced and paced and paced, wondering what Vanessa was going to say to me. she's a tough girl and knows how to get to a point straight and harshly without tip-toeing around it.

Half an hour later the cell door slid open and Vanessa is led in by a different officer. She looked calm. The cell door closed and she turned on her heel. Her face changed from normal to rage.

" I swear to god! Michael Scofield, I'm going to fucking kill you!" She spat. I stared at her face before speaking.

" You look kinda cute when you're angry," I smiled trying to distract her.

" I look CUTE!?!? Well, get ready because I'm about to get absolutely fucking GORGEOUS then!!!" She whisper-shouted whilst backing me up into the corner of the cell. I wasn't afraid, I was anxious. What I did could make her angry enough to call quits or to pull the plug.

" How could you do that to her? She could lose her job! She could be put in jail! Did you think of that?" She questioned me.

" I need to get the key to the infirmary room and I had a plan to-"

" A plan? You tried a plan that could have gotten my sister arrested? What were you thinking? Did you not think of asking me to go in there and talk to her?" 

" I mean, yes, I could have done that but I needed it done fast.......... we don't have much time left," I sighed running my hand on my head.

" I already have it sorted anyways," she inputted.

" WHAT?" I looked up to see her put her hand into her pocket.

" I guess I should have told you but you told me not to do anything. I felt bad not doing anything and you were doing so much already, so I wrote to LJ, he knew where I left the spare key to the infirmary. He came to the prison the other day to visit Lincoln, he ran into Sara after and asked her to give it to me. She didn't even question him." Vanessa took her hand out of her pocket to reveal a small brown envelope taped shut.

She handed it to me and stared waiting for me to open it. I placed the tiny envelope in the other hand and began tearing it open. Inside was the key, the key to the infirmary. I placed my thumb over the paper noticing there was something still in there.

Inside was a ring, an engagement ring. I looked up at Vanessa handing her the ring. Her eyes went wide and her mouth dropped. She took hold of the ring in her palm and stared at it for a moment before saying: " This was my engagement ring, I remember my fiancé got.........quite...... aggressive towards me, we had an argument about my pre- about something. The last time I saw him I threw this ring out my apartment window," she smiled. " He threw a vase that almost hit me and left, I never saw him again......after that I ran onto the street and found my ring, I thought about selling it but never got a chance to. "My head was still trying to wrap around everything she had said.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea," I said.

" No, no, don't be, I never told anyone and it wasn't your fault. Sara never met him but she knew everything when I told her. Besides, It's over, and I never get to see his stupid face again," she laughed. I smiled hearing her tone straighten up.

"Thank you, Vanessa, and I'm really sorry about earlier," I apologised. She smiled and nodded her head before walking towards the desk and picking up the white envelope I seen earlier. I watched as she opened it and pulled out a small piece of paper. Her smile suddenly dropped and a new expression took over her pretty face.

VANESSA'S POV

My eyes scanned every word LJ had written in this note.

"Someone is out to get me, he killed my mom and her husband. The guy was so familiar, I swore I've seen his face before. I've been hiding for the past couple of days, found someone I can trust though. I'm hiding with Veronica. Tell my Dad that I'm safe and that I love him. I found your ring in the floor board compartment. I packed it for you if you guys needed money when you leave. I know it brings back bad memories. I'm sorry. See you guys soon.           - LJ"

"What's wrong," I heard behind me. I handed Michael the note and watched his facial expression drop. We both sighed and stared at each other. 

" Michael, I'm gonna need your help with something, do you know where I can get my things I came to the prison in? Like my clothes and stuff." I whispered. Michael nodded before saying: "Tonight".