Shot 8

When the morning light seeped into the bedroom, Omkara lazily opened his eyes with the light directly falling on him, disturbing his slumber. He tried to turn only to realize his movements were restricted owing to a soft body pressed against him.

A smile made a way on to his face looking at his wife literally sprawled all over him making it close to impossible to move an inch without disturbing her. Her legs weighed down on his legs, her chest pressed against his in a tight embrace while her soft snores tickled his neck.

As the clocked chimed six in the morning, holding her body to him, he turned both of them to the side trying his best to not wake her up. As he gazed down at her face, he felt a surge of emotions hit his gut... confusion, anxiousness, love ... all at once. He felt himself very vulnerable at the moment and his resolve to wait for her to come to him seemed to be too tedious a task.

Whatever made her open up to him... he was grateful she did. He was struggling in professional life and not having his wife beside him... not having a partner who would listen to him... did have a negative impact on his mind making him insecure since the past few weeks.

Now that things were falling into place he prayed they only improved henceforth. He hoped, she will still stay friendly with him and not run away today since she slept with him hugging her close the previous night because that is what happened every other time when he got touchy or when they did little more than the usual kiss.

He knew not how she became such an important part of his life in such a short time that his life felt incomplete without her presence. He craved for her attention every day and when he got formal good mornings, accidental touches, blurry good nights in return to his close to obsessive confessions, he couldn't help but be disappointed, although he tried to find ways to change himself for her comfort.

"When will you start loving me the way I do Gauri" he whispered caressing her cheek gently and placed a kiss on her forehead.

The act seemed to disturb her nap and she frowned making him panic. He quickly closed his eyes pretending to sleep lest she moved away seeing him watching her love sickly.

Gauri opened her eyes to the serene sight of her husband sleeping holding her close and smiled happily. She moved away the chunk of hair which fell on his face and caressed his thin stubble only to feel a ray of warm light hit her hand.

She noted the time and frowned. Her husband was an early riser...hard working and a die-hard fan of punctuality. Gauri always found herself waking up alone in the mornings to find him either at the breakfast table having a file in hand or talking to someone on his laptop.

What day is it today? it is definitely not a Sunday... is it?

Confirming that the day isn't a holiday, she slightly patted his cheek and called him "Omkara ji... get up... aren't you getting late?"

He being his dramatic self, answered with a fake yawn "No... I want to sleep for some more time today"

Gauri hummed and moved closer, pressing herself more to his firm body, placing a kiss close to his heart. Omkara opened his eyes in shock. His heart soared to cloud nine and he almost pinched himself out of the romantic dream when he heard her voice.

"Omkaraji are you free the next weekend? I have a test in few days after which we can go to a short vacation.. may be the next week?" she asked and he cursed his fate.

The one time he was actually busy with the German deal... his wife chooses the very weekend to go out on a picnic? Kyuun Bhagwan ji... why?

"Gauri... I'm sorry... I might have to travel to Berlin... can we go next month?" he said and she parted from him to look into his eyes.