Shot 25

One month later,

"Gauri did you pack your sweater?" Kalyani asked her walking into the room late evening.

"Yes daadi ji... also a muffler and a shawl... I am bad in tolerating cold climate and it is mid-December... the coolest time of the year in Bareilly" she said making a face and Kalyani laughed patting her head.

"We all will miss you... I hope three months won't take too long. I would keep thinking if you had your morning walk and if you are drinking milk regularly... you surely do need some lecture every day to do things rightly" she said in jest while her grand-daughter in law made an utterly innocent face.

She was too lazy to get up early in the morning every day and she hated milk since childhood.

Had it been her husband, she would have cried and begged him to leave her alone but since it was the matriarch of the house, whose orders no one dared said no to, she had to comply unwillingly.

"I will do it daadi ji... don't worry" she lied with full intentions of taking both of the activities out for her routine the moment she steps out of the mansion.

"Good... Omkara said he will be coming late tonight" she informed and Gauri sadly nodded.

The only thing she did not like about going to her village was that she will miss her husband......a lot.

Hell, she cannot even stay calm when he came home later than expected, creating a huge ruckus the few times that he did... How is she supposed to stay away for three long months.

She thought of asking him to go with her many times but she knew her village aunties will torture him endlessly with their teasing sessions which would definitely irk him in no time.

Furthermore, he appeared to have become increasingly busy the last month managing her tantrums at home and business at his workplace that she thought he needed few months of respite before the time for delivery when she would come back to Mumbai.

After much thought and debate, it was decided that Gauri will have to be back in Mumbai for giving birth. That was the pact signed and sealed by the elders of both the families, since both Omkara and Shivaay put forth their view that Mumbai being a city, hospitals and other medical services will be better available here rather than in Bareilly.

Shakti immediately agreed though Gayathri still sulked about the change of plans. But considering the health of her granddaughter, she agreed begrudgingly.

"Take care of yourself Gauri... please don't stop eating even if you are angry at something or someone" Kalyani said with a small smile and Gauri couldn't help but hug the elderly woman for showing so much concern for her.

"I will be okay and I will call you every day Daadi ji" she assured at the same time when Anika walked in along with Rudra.

"Bhaabhiiii" Rudra rushed giving her a warm hug "I will miss you three much"

"I will miss you too Rudy bhaiyya" Gauri smiled hugging him back.

"Take care Gauri... we will manage everything here... you don't worry" Anika said next kissing her sister in law's cheek who was still in Rudra's embrace.

"Leave her Rudy... she is going tomorrow not today" Kalyani said playfully hitting her grandson who wasn't in a mood to let go of his sister in law.

Rudra parted from her with a grumpy face as the women chuckled.

"Uhh Anika bhabhi... I forgot to tell you... Samira has called me saying we have a few formalities pending for you to get the power of attorney ... I asked her to come home with the documents.... She will be here shortly" Gauri informed and Anika nodded chuckling.