Shot 13

"Rudy bhaiyya... did you find out anything?" Gauri asked her brother in law who shook his head in a no.

Her husband was to reach Mumbai early today morning but he did not. Moreover, his phone and his secretary's phone were both not reachable since the time they tried calling them that day. What worried Gauri more was the text from Omkara saying a 'sorry'.

Why would he send her such an incomplete message? Couldn't he just call her? Did he have to stay for a day more and he felt bad that he couldn't keep his promise? But she never would have complained... Disappointed yes... but complaint no...

He should have called her and not frighten her like this  she thought with a sigh.

"Gauri... we have to leave now beta... did Daamadji reach India?" Gayathri asked walking into Rudra's room.

Gauri looked at Rudra and he sighed "Daadi ji... O must be stuck somewhere at work... you both should start" he said and Gayathri nodded.

"Gauri come beta... we will get late... I will tell Kalyani ji and Shivaay in the meanwhile" she instructed and her grand-daughter nodded her head.

Once she left, Rudra held Gauri's shoulder "Bhaabhi don't worry... if he didn't inform any of us, he must really be busy... we were expecting a deal but what we got is a partnership... the greater the success, the more the responsibility" he said.

"But bhaiyya.."

"He will come to your village once he gets free... I will send him" he said and she smiled though her heart was still in mayhem.

*********************************************************************************************************

Gauri looked out of the window of the car, on her way to the railway station. Her grand mother was seated beside her talking to her father on phone and informing him of start of their journey while Khanna the security head took it upon himself to drop them to their destination.

Gauri took out her phone and dialed Omkara's office for one last time "Hello? This is Gauri.. did Omkaraji come to the office?" she asked once her call was answered.

"No mam... I will...." The receptionist started when Gauri heard the unmistakable voice of Riya in the background giving instructions to someone.

"Is that Riya near you?" she asked

"N...No.. madam..." came the response and Gauri fumed ending the call.

"Khanna ji... take the car to O-bro industries... we have enough time to catch the train" she instructed and her Daadi looked at her in question.

"Omkaraji reached daadi... We will see him and go?" she asked with a smile and her daadi nodded, not getting the hidden fury in her grand- daughter's voice.

Once they reached, Gauri asked her grandmother to wait for her while she went in and greeted her husband who might be busy to attend them both.

Striding towards the lift, she pressed the floor number of her husband's office impatiently making the remaining occupants look at her bewildered.

As she rushed past the reception, the woman who answered her call looked at her in shock, her face loosing all color when she noted the blaze in Gauri's eyes.

Gauri walked into Omkara's cabin un-announced expecting her husband to be inside but was disappointed when she found Riya alone, sitting on her husband's chair working with her laptop.

"Where is Omkaraji" she asked walking in and standing before her.

Riya looked at her acting shocked though she fully expected the scene... Mentally, she patted herself for being a meticulous planner.