Shot 26

Gauri... wake up" Omkara whispered into his wife's ears while she only frowned, mumbling a no and turned to sleep on her side.

He lay down beside her on the bed and gently caressed her shoulder "Come on...You need to get up before your daadi barges in here to give you another lecture on duty and etiquette" he tried again leaning to kiss on her forehead.

His wife opened one eye and looked at him cutely, making him chuckle. She smiled moving to his side and he gladly opened his arms to give her a good morning hug.

In his embrace, Gauri cooed contently kissing his chest "You smell fresh" she commented sniffing in his characteristic manly scent.

"And you smell .... weird" he uttered and she looked at him with a frown.

"Now I can't lie because you are pregnant dearie... get up... you need a shower" he said flicking her nose and she pouted.

"I slept in late Omkaraji"

"I know"

"Ohh... you saw?"

"Hmmm"

"You should have called me... I did not get enough sleep"

"Papa seemed to be telling you a story?"

"Hmmm" she said looking down to trace a finger lazily on his chest.

Both of them did not speak for some time, comfortably silent. A bit later, Gauri looked up into his eyes and saw him giving her a gentle smile as if coaxing her to talk.

He always did that... asking her to open up through his eyes rather than pestering her with questions and she liked him that way.

"Omkaraji..." she started and he hummed.

"It was the first time he ever talked to me like that" she said.

Her husband nodded his head his smile widening "You felt it strange?"

"Hmmm... why all of a sudden?"

"Everyone takes their own time to open up Gauri"

"Still.... He was twenty five years late"

"But you seemed to be enjoying your time with him"

"Hmm... It felt good...but"

Omkara sighed as he said, "Don't think of the how and why.... when you liked what he did. Just go with the flow Gauri... you won't be losing anything"

Gauri nodded her head and pecked his lips when she heard her grandmother shout her name calling her downstairs.

"Hmm... welcome to Bareilly" she mumbled as she got up from her place to dress up for the day while her husband laughed shaking his head.
**************************************************
Kareena curiously looked at her Gauri bua, dozing away at the breakfast table sitting beside her fufa. She turned to her left and saw an equally drowsy Shakti.

"Gauri bua" she shouted when she saw her spoon slipping of her hands to make a loud sound in the quietness of the room and Omkara looked to his side in alertness.

"Are you okay Gauri?" he asked bringing his chair close to hers and she nodded adjusting herself on her chair and sitting straight to look at the little girl.

"Are you feeling dizzy?" Gayathri asked worriedly coming to her side only to get a no.

"Just a bit sleepy" Gauri replied and Gayathri frowned.

"It is nine thirty Gauri... you have slept enough... this is not normal... are you ill?" she asked checking her temperature and heaved a sigh to find it normal.