Shot 18

Shivaay turned to glare at the young ladies responsible for the near catastrophe.

"Ye kya raita phailaa diya... did you get only today to satisfy your curiosities my dear? Today is your sister's engagement" he asked looking at Bhavya.

"Other days you will be there in your room bhaiyaa" said Payal and earned another look of reproach shutting her up.

"Had daadi seen Gauri like that, you should have told her this explanation"

"We are extremely sorry bhaiyaa... we were just about to have the very first sip of our very first peg" said Reshma pouting sadly and Shivaay couldn't help but chuckle.

"Okay now that you created the problem you have to help me clear it" he said and all of them nodded their heads obediently.

"I told daadi ji that Gauri is ill so once the function gets over, she will try to wind up things here and go home to have a look at her... I don't know what you will do, either she should stay here or even if she goes home, no matter what happens Daadi should not go to Gauri's room today" he instructed and the girls looked at one another before they gave him a thumbs up.

"Good... get going then... I will take care of the rest" said Shivaay and walked away to call Anika.

"Hello Shivaay.. how did the engagement go?"

"Vo sab chod... let me tell you what all happened" he said before narrating the evening adventure.

"Hmmm" she said after listening to everything.

"Is that all you have to say?"

"It is not our plan but still Gauri got drunk... let us wait and see what happens Shivaay... we cannot do anything now... just make sure things are under wraps"

"Yeah took care of that already"

"Smart... so tell me this"

The conversation then shifted to less problematic topics while the other brother struggled to get his wife home without getting killed.

*********************************************************************

"Gauri let go of my hand.. I have to change the gear" said Omkara who tried keeping focus on the road before them. The journey back to the Sharma mansion wasn't far but the roads were not well maintained and the streetlights barely worked making it an accident prone zone.

"No.. I am not going to leave your hand ever" she said sitting in her seat and struggling against the seat belt to get close to her husband.

"Gauri... just for a few minutes... we have to reach home safely right?" he coaxed and she pouted, tears threatening to spill from her eyes and he sighed giving in.

"Okay... at least loosen your hold... I will have to drive Gauri" he said and she complied making his life better.

Thirty minutes later, they reached home and Omkara called the watchman to open the main door.

"Omkara ji... what happened to Gauri beta?" asked the old man worriedly as he saw the son in law of the house carrying his wife inside bridal style.

"Nothing kaka... she is feeling a bit drowsy.... Can you park the car inside? And don't inform anyone... I don't want people to panic unnecessarily" he said and the old man nodded in understanding.

Once inside the safety of their room, Omkara gently placed his wife on the bed arranging pillows on her side so that she could lean comfortably. His wife on the other hand only got agitated much to his surprise.