Shot 19

"Urghhhh" Gauri groaned as she felt the sharp pain piercing through her head the moment she woke up the next morning.

She stopped moving for a few minutes trying to accommodate to the pain. Once she stopped feeling dizzy, she carefully opened her eyes to the dimly lit room, clutching her head as she sat upright on the empty bed.

When she saw a strip of tablets and a glass of water on the bedside cabinet with a note beneath them, she took it and read through it.

Take the tablet with water... I have an early morning meeting... I will be back in no time...I closed the window binds to dim the room... do not directly stare at the light if you want to open them... Freshen up and call me.... said the note and she did not need to guess who wrote it.. She could tell from the neat calligraphic writing that it was from her husband.

She did as she was told and felt better in the next ten minutes. Getting up, she rummaged through her cupboard for fresh clothes and entered the bathroom to get ready for the day.

As warm water soothed her body, Gauri recalled the incidents of her previous night. It was all in bits and pieces which lacked proper connection but she knew she royally embarrassed herself in front of her husband by wailing and crying her heart out.

God... why did she have to drink that cola when she felt suspicious that something was wrong with her sister's over helping manner?

She wanted to tell her husband that she loved him in a more loving way... the moment was supposed to be magical... to be memorable for all their lives.

Of course he will forever remember it... just in a vastly different way... her mind chastised her for being melodramatic.

Can she live inside the bathroom forever? May be she should lock herself here and not show him her face ever again.

"Gauri... are you done? Come out fast... daadi ji is worried" her husband's voice outside the bathroom got her out of her insane thoughts.

Right... he said he will return soon... no escape Gauri... get ready to face your husband... if you try and stay normal not bringing up the last night conversation, your husband might forgive you for that pathetic confession.... she prepped herself.

Yelling a "Coming Omkaraji" and taking a few more minutes of self-time, she finished her bath, quickly dressed herself up in a sky blue saree and got out of the bathroom fresh and fragrant.

"I thought you slept inside the bathroom" Omkara quipped leisurely sitting on the edge of their bed and shamelessly ogling at his wife's sexy back.

Gauri turned around and gave a small smile before she got back to wearing her mangalsutra and sindoor standing in front of the mirror. She was very well aware of her husband's eyes scanning her body and it made the nervous knot in her stomach tighten.

When he got up from his place and walked to her to stand right behind her looking into the mirror, she avoided his eyes, bending slightly to pick up the bangles on the dressing table.

She began wearing them with extreme concentration when her husband placed his large hand on the small of her back, his lips leaning dangerously close to her ears.

"Your headache... did it reduce?" he whispered and she sucked in a breath as the hand gently grazed the bare skin of her waist.

"I... yeah... the tablet helped" she stuttered before getting away from him with an excuse of going downstairs.

"You are avoiding me... again" Omkara stated with a sigh and Gauri worriedly turned to look at him only to sigh in relief when she saw the smirk on his face.