Shot 10

The clock struck eleven in the night and Gauri turned restlessly on her bed mumbling a silent prayer to her Shankarji. Since the time her husband left in urgency, she had an uneasy feeling creeping her out.

It wasn't the first time that she was sleeping on their bed alone. In fact it was only yesterday that she properly slept in his arms. Otherwise, they always had a pillow barrier in between them which was an attempt at maintaining a respectable distance from her hot husband aka distraction.

Why is it being difficult today for sleep to pay her a visit? May be because they were having an intimate encounter before and she was too aroused to keep quiet and wait for him to return... or her irritation at the interruption... she had no idea.

Did he eat? Why didn't he call her? May be he was over working himself.

Throwing the blanket away, she sat up on the bead leaning on the headboard and took out her phone to dial his number. When the first call went unanswered, she waited for five minutes before she dialed again. This time her call was answered and she smiled.

"Omkaraji... did I disturb you?"

"Gauri?" answered a female voice and she frowned looking at the dialed number.

It was indeed her husband's number... then who answered it?

"Gauri.. are you there? I am Riya... Om is with me..."

"Are you at the office?" asked Gauri trying to hide her irritation after knowing the fact.

"No... I am at the hospital.. I had an accident this evening".

"Oh... are you alright?" asked Gauri... Must be something major that he was held back she thought worriedly.

"No...just minor scratches... Om was a bit worried you know... he is always very concerned" she said igniting the fire of jealousy and it had the desired effect.

"Okay... where is he now and why did you answer the phone?" she asked tartly.

"He is using the washroom... I thought you will be worried because you called twice so... I answered your call" Riya replied.

"Hmm... take care Riya... good night" said Gauri.

"Thanks Gauri.. should I ask him to call you back... he is tired you know...taking care of me Bechara... he hardly sat for an hour since the evening" said Riya and Gauri felt her eyes turn heavy, tears pricking them.

"No" she said keeping her voice normal "Let him rest... he will be back tomorrow anyways" she said and disconnected the call.

Gauri let the angry tears flow freely keeping the phone aside.

Who knows better than her... about the care and concern he shows for his loved ones... she has been the recipient since the last few months.

But she thought it was limited to her...and her alone apart from his family. No matter how selfish it may sound... she couldn't imagine her husband taking care of another woman...friend or not... specially when they had a romantic past.

At the hour of the night, all the things that her friends had told her about her relationship, her emotional and physical detachment from him rushed to the lobes of her brain, increase her insecurity along with her guilt.

As she fell on the bed lost and scared in her thoughts, a painful cramp hit her abdomen and she groaned in distress rolling over on the bed.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************