Epilogue

One and a half year later,

"Maa, is everything ready, they would be here anytime now" Shakti said excitedly looking at the hallway.

"Everything is ready for your darling grand-daughter... stop fussing Shakti" Gayathri playfully scolded her son as she walked towards him smiling.

"I last saw her ten days back... I am missing her maa" he said looking at the watch and then at the door, when he heard the sound of vehicles approaching.

With a big smile he swiftly walked out of the mansion, ignoring his mother's calls to slow down.

Gayathri shook her head as a sign of give up before she calmly followed his son only to see that he was fast enough to greet Gauri's in laws and had already scooped his grand-daughter into his arms.

The little girl who was the spitting image of her damaad ji giggled and placed a sweet kiss on her naanu's cheeks while the later gifted her with a lot more all over her cute face.

"Namaste Kalyani ji" she greeted the elderly woman who was watching Shakti and her grand-daughter with a smile.

"Namaste Gayathri ji..." she said giving her a hug.

"I hope you are not too tired for a late lunch... please come in" said Gayathri smiling at the remaining people.

"Of course not... we are famished" Rudra exclaimed looking at his brothers who nodded their heads.

"Anika, Gauri... show your husbands their rooms... Rudra ... go freshen up and come down... I will also do the same" Kalyani ordered and her children obeyed without protest walking into the house.

Amaira frowned as she watched her papa leaving without giving her a kiss and screamed.

"Daa...!" she said angrily trying to fly out of her grand father's arms making her parents stop and turn around.

Omkara rushed to his daughter in guilt "Aww... sorry baby.. I am tired and I forgot" he apologized before placing a loud kiss on her cheek.

She however pulled at his hair in punishment making him hiss in pain.

Gauri who saw that, neared them and freed her husband's hair from her daughter's hand.

"Ammu... behave" she scolded her with a motherly glare.

When her daughter curved her lips ready to cry, not happy with the fact of being neglected and on top of that getting scolded, Omkara took her in his arms.

He rubbed his stubble with her cheek to shush her down and the little girl giggled feeling ticklish, forgetting that she has to cry and tell her parents that she is angry at them.

"Ammu... will you not freshen up?" Shakti asked in a baby voice reserved only for his munchkin.

Amaira turned to the elder man and shook her head in a no, clutching to her father making them laugh.

"Ammu is a good girl... she will do as papa says... won't she?" Omkara whispered into her ears placing a kiss on her temple.

Amaira cooed nodding her head "Guu... giii" she said and he smiled.

"Right... you are my good girl.. ... go with naanu..." he said handing her back to her grandfather.

She motioned her cubby hand as to ask him to come with them and he replied "I will go with mama... we will meet in a short time for lunch... okay?..." he said and she nodded in obedience.

*****************************************************************************************

"How does she even understand what you say? She is just a little more than a year old" Gauri asked once they reached her room.