5:11

Celeste woke up with quite a bad headache. Looking over she saw Hermione doing homework on Melody's bed.

"Good morning," Celeste yawned, sitting up.

"Good afternoon you mean," Hermione corrected. "it's one o'clock, you missed breakfast."

Celeste rolled her eyes. "Thanks for waking me up. Where's everyone?"

"Daphne left with Potentia and Melody is on the Quidditch field. "

Celeste groaned, remembering what happened last night. "Is Ron still mad about yesterday?"

    "What happened yesterday?" Hermione asked, looking over.

Celeste covered her face with her pillow. "Me-and-Luke -kissed."

"What?"

"Me and Luke kissed," It felt even worse to say it out loud. "It didn't mean anything though! I was feeling down and needed someone and Ron and Harry happened to walk past!"

"Ron and Harry both saw!" Hermione said. "Celeste! You remember what happened last year."

    "I remember," Celeste said. "but me and Luke are definitely not dating!"

                               * * *
  Celeste had tried everything to get Ron to go back to normal — or at least say more than a few words to her. She tried spelling out sorry in candy on his study books, and all he said was "I don't like caramel." She tried enchanting his agenda to sing "Celeste is sorry for kissing Luke!" And all that ended up with was a drowned agenda and a very annoyed Hermione.

TUESDAY/ TRANSFIGURATION

Celeste avoided Luke's stare all through the weekend and Monday, still trying to get Ron to forgive her. Harry was pretending that he didn't know what had happened, and kept speaking as if Ron didn't look like he was about to burst every time he looked at Celeste.

When they entered Transfiguration Professor Umbridge and her clipboard were sitting in a corner watching the students as they entered.

"Excellent," Ron whispered, as they sat down in their usual seats. "Let's see Umbridge get what she deserves."

Professor McGonagall marched into the room without giving the slightest indication that she knew Professor Umbridge was there." That will do," she said and silence fell immediately. "Mr. Finnigan, kindly come here and hand back the homework — Miss Brown, please take this box of mice — don't be silly, girl, they won't hurt you — and hand one to each student—"

"Hem, hem," Professor Umbridge said, employing the same silly little cough she had used to interrupt Dumbledore on the first night of term. Professor McGonagall ignored her. Seamus handed back Celeste's essay; Celeste took it without looking at him and saw, to her relief, that she had managed an A.

"Right then, everyone, listen closely — Dean Thomas, if you do that to the mouse again I shall put you in detention — most of you have now successfully vanished your snails, and even those who were left with a certain amount of shell have the gist of the spell. Today we shall be —"

"Hem, hem," Professor Umbridge said.

"Yes?" Professor McGonagall said, turning around, her eyebrows so close together they seemed to form one long, severe line.

"I was just wondering, Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspec —"

"Obviously I received it, or I would have asked you what you are doing in my classroom," Professor McGonagall said, turning her back firmly on Professor Umbridge. Many of the students exchanged looks of glee. "As I was saying, today we shall be practicing the altogether more difficult vanishment of mice. Now, the Vanishing Spell —"