4:11

"Can't we kidnap Mrs Norris?" Ron suggested on Monday lunchtime as he lay flat on his back in the middle of their Charms classroom, having just been Stunned and reawoken by Harry for the fifth time in a row. "Let's Stun her for a bit. Or you could use Dobby, Harry, I bet he'd do anything to help you. I'm not complaining or anything" - he got gingerly to his feet, rubbing his backside - "but I'm aching all over..."

     "Well, you keep missing the cushions, don't you!" Hermione said impatiently, rearranging the pile of cushions they had used for the banishing Spell, which Flitwick had left in a cabinet. "Just try and fall backward!"

     "Once you're Stunned, you can't aim too well, Hermione!" Ron said angrily. "Why don't you take a turn?" 

    "Well, I think Harry's got it now, anyway," Hermione said hastily. "And we don't have to worry about Disarming, because he's been able to do that forages... I think we ought to start on some of these hexes this evening."

     She looked down the list they had made in the library.

     "I like the look of this one," she said, "this Impediment Curse. Should slow down anything that's trying to attack you, Harry. We'll start with that one."The bell rang. They hastily shoved the cushions back into Flitwick'scupboard and slipped out of the classroom.  

      "See you at dinner!" Hermione said and she set off for Arithmancy, while harry, Celeste, and Ron headed toward North Tower and Divination. Broad strips of dazzling gold sunlight tell across the corridor from the high windows. The sky outside was so brightly blue it looked as though it had been enamelled.

   "It's going to be boiling in Trelawney's room, she never puts out that fire," Ron said as they started up the staircase toward the silver ladder and the trapdoor.

     He was quite right. The dimly lit room was swelteringly hot. The fumes from the perfumed fire were heavier than ever. Celestes head swam as she made her way over to one of the curtained windows. While ProfessorTrelawney was looking the other way, disentangling her shawl from a lamp, she opened it an inch or so and settled back in her chintz armchair so that a soft breeze played across her face. It was extremely comfortable.

     "My dears," Professor Trelawney said, sitting down in her winged armchair in front of the class and peering around at them all with her strangely enlarged eyes, "we have almost finished our work on planetary divination. Today, however, will be an excellent opportunity to examine the effects of Mars, for he is placed most interestingly at present. If you will all look this way, I will dim the lights..." 

    She waved her wand and the lamps went out. The fire was the only source of light now. Professor Trelawney bent down and lifted, from under her chair, a miniature model of the solar system, contained within a glass dome. It was a beautiful thing; each of the moons glimmered in place around the nine planets and the fiery sun, all of them hanging in thin air beneath the glass. Celeste watched lazily as Professor Trelawney began to point out thefascinating angle Mars was making to Neptune.

    The heavily perfumed fumes washed over her, and the breeze from the window played across her face. She could hear an insect humming gently somewhere behind the curtain. Her eyelids began to droop... 

    She was riding on the back of an eagle owl, soaring through the clear blue sky toward an old, ivy-covered house set high on a hillside. Lower and lower they flew, the wind blowing pleasantly in Celeste's face until they reached a dark and broken window in the upper story of the house and entered. Now they were flying along a gloomy passageway, to a room at the very end...through the door, they went, into a dark room whose windows were boarded up...