2:15

Summer was creeping over the grounds around the castle; sky and lake alike turning periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses. The summer scene didn't raise Celestes spirits any higher though; they weren't allowed to visit Hermione and since Dumbledore had gone fear spread around quickly and there was barely a face that wasn't worried and tense.

    The only thing that brightened up the days a little was Cedrics birthday. For some reasons that were unknown to Celeste, they worshipped him; he could do anything and the Hufflepuffs would cheer for him. 

  "Happy birthday!" Celeste whispered to him in the corridors.

   "Thanks, Cellie," Cedric said, smiling.

    It had been two weeks since Dumbledore and Hagrid had gone, and Harry, Celeste, or Ron couldn't figure out Hagrid's hints. She couldn't talk to them in the library or their common rooms so their conversations were limited to the classes.

   Getting to Potions just in time she sat beside Ron and Harry.

   "Hey." She whispered, taking out her books.

   "Hey," Harry grumbled, still upset by Hagrid getting sent to Azkaban. 

    "I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," Draco said, causing Celeste and Ron to look up. "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school has ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed. McGonagall won't last long, she's only filling in..."

    Snape swept past, making no comment on Hermione's empty seat and cauldron.

   "Now, now, Malfoy," Snape said, though he couldn't suppress a thin-lipped smile. "Professor Dumbledore has only been suspended by the governors. I daresay he'll be back soon enough."

       "Yeah, right," Draco said, smirking. "I expect you'd have Father's vote, sir, if you wanted to apply for the job -- I'll tell Father you're the best teacher here, sir--"

    "Stop being such a kissass, Draco. It's annoying." Celeste snapped.

   Draco turned around. "Shut up Celeste." Turning back around he went on, "I'm quite surprised the Mudbloods haven't all packed their bags by now. Bet you five Galleons the next one dies. Pity, it wasn't Granger--"

   Melody, who was sitting in front of Draco with Daphne and Pansy, turned around and poured her vial of hot potion into Draco's lap. "Say that again in front of me and I'll poison you in your sleep."

    Draco stood up and tried to wipe the potion off with Goyle's robe sleeve. He started to open his mouth to say something, but the bell rang at that moment.

   "Hurry up, I've got to take you all to the history of Magic and Herbology." Barked Snape over the class's heads, and off they marched. 

   "Your friend is scary," Ron muttered. "It sounds like she'd actually poison Malfoy." 

    "She probably would," Celeste said before breaking off to History of Magic.

      History of Magic was even more of a bore, the Professor only talked about the history of Hogwarts, which most already knew. Celeste got into DADA before Harry and Ron and sat into her usual spot.

   "We found out about the spiders! They're heading toward the Forbidden Forest." Harry said, Sitting in his seat.

   Celeste hesitated.  "Forbidden Forest? There's like, monsters in it." 

  "There are good things in there, too. The centaurs are all right, and the unicorns...."

   Before Celeste could answer, Lockhart, bounded into the room making the class stare at him. Every other teacher in the place was looking grimmer than usual, but Lockhart appeared nothing short of buoyant.