2:8

Herbology went by fast, and now lessons were over. Celeste had met up with her Gryffindor friends and they filled her in with their information about the Chamber of Secrets.

  "Do you think that the chamber of secrets is real though?" Celeste asked them, pushing against the people who were trying to get into the hall.

  "I'm not too sure. Dumbledore couldn't cure Mrs. Norris, and that makes me think whatever attacked her might not be human." Hermione said frowning.

  "Hiya, Celeste, Harry!"

  "Hello Colin." They said together.

   "Celeste - Celeste -  a boy in my class has been saying that you are—"

  But  Colin was so small he couldn't fight Against of people beating him toward the Great Hall; they heard him squeak, "See you, Celeste, Harry !" And he was gone.

  "What's a boy in his class saying about you?" Hermione wondered.

  "That I'm Slytherin's heir, I expect." Celeste answered.

   As she spoke, they turned a corner and found themselves at the end of the very corridor where the attack had happened. They stopped and looked. The scene was just as it had been night, except that there was no stiff cat hanging from the torch bracket, and an empty chair stood against the wall beating the message "The Chamber of Secrets has been Opened."

  "That's where Filch has been keeping guard." Ron muttered. Ron muttered.

  They looked at each other. The corridor was deserted.

   "Can't hurt to have a poke around." Harry said, dropping his bag and feint his hands and knees so that he could crawl along, searching for clues.

   "Scorch marks!" He said. "Here - and here -"

    "Come and look at this!" Celeste said. "This is funny...."

    Harry and Hermione got up and went to the window next to the message on the wall. Celeste was pointing at the topmost pane, where around twenty spiders were scuttling, apparently fighting to get through a small crack. A long silvery that was dangling like a rope, as though they had all climbed it in their hurry to get outside.

  "Have you ever seen spiders act like that?" Celeste said wonderingly.

   "No,"  Hermione said. "Have you, Ron? Ron?"

  Hermione looked over her shoulder. Ron was standing well back and seemed to be fighting the impulse to run.

   "What's up?" Hermione said.

   "I - don't - like - spiders." Ron said tensely.

   "I never knew that." Celeste said, looking at Ron in surprise. "You've used spiders in Potions loads of times..."

   "I don't mind them dead." Ron says, who was carefully looking anywhere but at the window. "I just don't like the way they move.."

Celeste giggled.

"It's not funny." Ron said fiercely. "If you missy know, when I was three, Fred turned my - my teddy bear into a great filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick... You wouldn't like them either of you'd been holding your best and suddenly it had too many legs and...."

"Cedric once turned my bed into a pool. My dad was quite angry. Now i'm afraid of large body's of water. Quite funny."

"Speaking of water, where did that big puddle go that was on the floor? Where did that come from?"