2:14

The next day Harry told Ron, Celeste, and Hermione about what happened, and that Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets.

   "Riddle might've got the wrong person," Hermione said after Harry repeated what he had seen. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people..."

   "How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Ron asked dully.

   "The school does have a forest behind it holding all kind of monsters... they cant expect it to be 100% safe," Celeste said.

  "We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," Harry said miserably. 'And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award."

   Ron tried a different tack.

  "And Riddle was going back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," Harry said. "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here..."

  "You met Hagrid down Knockturn Alley, didn't you, Harry?"

   "He was buying a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent," Harry said quickly.

    The four of them fell silent. After a long pause, Hermione voiced the knottiest question of all in a hesitant voice. 

   "Do you think we should go and ask Hagrid about it all?" 

"That'd be a cheerful visit," said Ron. "'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"' 

     In the end, they decided that they would not say anything to Hagridunless there was another attack, and as more and more days went by with no whisper from the disembodied voice, they became hopeful that they would never need to talk to him about why he had been expelled. It was now nearly four months since Justin and NearlyHeadless Nick had been Petrified, and nearly everybody seemed to think that the attacker, whoever it was, had retired for good. Peeveshad finally got bored of his "Oh, Potter, you rotter, Cellie, you smelly," song, Celeste had the best birthday she could, having it be the first birthday she has without getting a letter from her mother, and in March several of the mandrakes threw a loud and raucous party in greenhouse three. This made Professor Sprout very happy.

     The second years were given something new to think about during their Easter holidays. The time had come to choose their subjects for the third year, a matter that Hermione and Melody took very seriously. 

   "It could affect our whole future," Hermione told Harry, Ron, and Celeste as they pored over lists of new subjects, marking them with checks.

   "I just want to give up Potions," Harry said.

    "And Herbology," Celeste said, sinking into her library chair.

   "We can't," Ron said gloomily. "We keep all our old subjects, or I'd have ditched Defense Against the Dark Arts." 

   "But that's very important!" Hermione said shocked.

    "And you need Potions and Herbology for basic things too. Don't you want to be a Healer Celeste?" Melody said.

  "I guess. I'm not sure, probably the same job asked"

   Melody decided to sign up for everything like Hermione, and Celeste signed up for the same subjects as Harry and Ron. 

     Saturday morning came, with brilliant sunshine and a light, refreshing breeze. Celeste was now walking to the Great Hall with Cedric and Julian, who both looked very tired after staying up "talking" in the Room of Requirments.