Chapter 20

After that meeting, MInji spent most of the day trying to figure out ways to get the three of them on the team mostly thinking about convincing Do San. If she can convince him the other two would follow no doubt. 

She had to tell her mother and Ms. Choi all about this when she got home and while they were preparing dinner Minji was telling them all about it. "Who are these developers, anyway?" Ms. Choi asked. 

Making Minji think of a lie, pushing her hair to the side "They've worked at this big, famous company. Globally not like us" is as vague as possible getting back to the main topic "How can she do this to me just because she a major shareholder!"

Putting the food down to talk to her "Minji listen to me when I say this. I'm taking any sides but if I was the CEO of the company I would do that same thing." Ms. Choi calming her down a little bit and being more worried about food flying everywhere. 

"And you just have to put your personal feelings aside and if you can't do that then maybe you aren't cut out to be CEO" her mother added on to Ms. Choi. Minji knew what they were saying was right in every way. Pouting slightly she just marches to her room "I think she's hurt" her mother whispers to Ms. Choi.

 Getting to her she just groans and lays in her bed just thinking about the task that she's left with. Glancing over to her desk she looked at the group picture of Samsan Tech. With having that in mind the following day at work she prints out the business plan. Getting to her car "Why am I sweating so much. Just think of this as another business partner meeting"

Pulling out of the parking lot she was going over what she was going to say in the car to herself. Pulling up to the office she noticed a bunch of people waiting around. Being more confused as ever asking of the people there. "What's going on?"

"We're all investors waiting in line so you better get your number" thanking him. She pulled out her phone and knowing this might not work she just had to try. Pressing on his name hoping he would pick up after a couple of rings her call was declined. "Well worth a shot Do San" pushing her phone back in her bag. She had no choice but to grab a number and wait around like everyone else. 

With each person getting out of the office meant she was one person closer to having to face Do San. Her breathing was getting shaky she needed to push her thoughts and be professional about this. It was finally her turn to go up the stairs she bowed to the three of them and took a seat on the couch. Do San hadn't looked up to meet her eyes Chul San and Yong San could feel the tension "Ms. Kim is there a special occasion today? You look completely different from the other day"

Not knowing to take it as a compliant Minji just doesn't pay much mind to it "It was one of those days. I wasn't myself" brushing herself of unconsciously.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Well...I never got to thank you properly. Also..." pulling out her business card to hand to them both Yong San and Chul San. She offered one to Do San put he didn't take it she sets it down next to a stack they already had. "Don't take this the wrong way Ms. Kim but...it's been three years and" Chul San not wanting to sound too cocky.

"I've changed a lot since then and I'm sure my company can meet your high standards" pulling out her business plan.  Do San blurted out "I already know what your company is doing. I've watched your promo video" Making his best friends surprised "Oh really?" "You have" he nodded "Can you give excuse us?" Do San telling the two of them to leave the room. 

 Now that it's just the two of them Minji was just looking everywhere but him knowing for a fact how awkward this is. Her eyes were caught by the whiteboard with their first drawing of the self-driving car AI. Still there as if it hasn't been touched over all these years.