Chapter 6

Trying to keep the conversation going Ms. Choi asked if they wanted anything to eat. Trying to get Minji out of the house Ms.Choi sent her off with some money to pick up ingredients down by the local convince store.

Once she left it was only Do San and Ms. Choi the two took a seat at the dinner table. "I was told a lot about you from Minji" referring to the other night when the two were up almost all night. "Who knew that I would ever meet you. Even like this"

"How is your eyesight?" Do San asking shyly. "It's as best as it can be right now. As long as I take care of myself I can prolong the inevitable" Ms. Choi looking down at her hands.

"I'm guessing Minji doesn't know"

"No, she doesn't. So pretend you don't know either. If Minji knew she would drop everything to help me out. That's why she dropped out of college..... to help me." not wanting to get emotional over Minji in front of Do San.

"How can I not tell her?" his eyes were getting teary-eyed. 

Taking a deep breath "She's going to cry and blame you for not telling her. She'll cry and be resentful. Then, she'll pity me like what you're doing right now"

"Ms. Choi I'm just-" cutting him off "I don't like being looked at like that. It makes me feel as though something terrible happened as if the world is going to be pitch black and my life will be over. But you know it's not going to help my eyes get better." Do San was tearing up even more hearing her words. "Thanks to you Minji has been smiling more. Her life was set up for her but she chose to go through hardships to earn her independence. She may not notice it but, every time she has walked into the house her eyes sparkle like diamonds when she talks to you." thinking back to all the times she has talked about or to him with Ms. Choi.

"How pretty her eyes are when she smiles. I owe it all to you Do San. I can see her smile every single day. If I can see them for a little longer then even if I go blind I won't have regrets. Will you help me?" 

He nodded his head "Don't tell her for me" she walked up to the sink to wash some of the rice making Do San give him the chance to give her his gift of cleaning scrubs. Impressed with his craftsmanship "These are nice" and then proceeded to hit him with them. He explains the story of why he choose the colors of RBG.

Meanwhile, Minji was just getting back from the store thinking about the Do San and Ms. Choi's weird reactions to one another. A car pulled up in front of her it was Ji Pyeong.

"Ji Pyeong what are you doing here?" he got out of the car to ask where Do San was.

"He's at my place right now. What's wrong?" swaying side to side a little while holding the groceries 

Soon everyone was at her house "Ji Pyeong here wanted to stop by for something"

"Uh...yes I wanted to talk to Do San about something urgent." Do San was confused about why the hell he was here. He was about to tell Minji the truth until he just randomly showed up out of the blue. Coming up with a cover-up "I'm going to take your advice"

"My advice?" coughing clearing his throat 

"Yes" trying to get rid of him "So you can leave"

Ji Pyeong was hesitating a little bit "Why don't you stay for dinner?" Minji asking seeing the two were being super weird with one another right now. "Oh uh Ji Pyeong has plans....so he can leave" seeing this ticked him off "No I don't"

"Yes you do" whining at him "Nope. I'll stay for dinner" taking off his shoes Do San walking over to him wanting to ask him to leave nonchalantly in front of the two women not to notice too much. "Hey Ms. Choi these guys are making our ceiling closer"